Hallux operation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Definetly worth checking out the various option on different osteotomies. I never had a wheelchair, nor crutches. Walked straight away, slowly and not a lot, but mobile!!! After one week to the Gym for upper body work and once the titanium wire came out, 4 weeks later, I left it another 2 weeks and was back on the treadmill. Swimming as well. But everyone is different and I only had one done.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan, you mean after your Hallux operation (bunion operation) on one foot, you walked straight away, slowly and not a lot but mobile !!!? This is very encouraging as I will be going for a bunion operation on my right foot last week in March and was hopeful mine will be something like yours !
  • Posted

That is so encouraging to hear thank you for your comments! I am starting with surgery on right first Mar 4th and am anticipating a lot less mobility than you describe!
    • Posted

All depends on the technique your surgeon chooses. I had keyhole surgery and no foreign body left in the foot. Wire for 4 weeks, taken out was like plugging your eye brows. All great

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.