Migraine and physio

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I have suffered migraines for years 20 - 25 days a month and I'm currently on the highest amount of medication that i'm allowed so have now been referred to physio to see if that will help. I've only had 2 sessions so far and he's advised i need to change my posture/ neck muscles too tight/ and jaw out of alignment so i have exercises to do which im prepared to do if there will be some sort of improvement. Very dubious at the minute but has anyone had any luck with physio and migraines??

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

not physio but I've had cranial osteopathy and acupuncture and neither helped. Let us know how you get on,

best of luck

• Posted

Thank you I will. There seems to be some sort of connection as one of my side effects of migraine are watery eyes! The physio did some sort of pressure in my head and all of a sudden my eyes were streaming and I had a migraine. Apparantly they do bring migraines on but it's a good thing as they know they are going in the right direction . Will keep updated
    • Posted

Hi ashlie

It's strange you mention about watery eyes as my left eye (the side I suffer the headaches/auras with) water before and during my migraine attacks.  I haven't had physio though but, I am out of alignment due to a serious pelvic fracture I had many years ago. Let us know how you go.

and hope things keep going in the right direction for you.

Claire

• Posted

I also have to squeeze them shut and tend to blink a lot more than i should, doctors say its another side effect of the migraine, some people have auras, I get sore and watery eyes. 

I do find the eyes a strange side effect and wonder if they are related , how many other sufferers also get these. 

• Posted

did they press on a spot at the back of your head?  There is a nerve there somewhere that can trigger migraines.  I too have the watery eyes and sometimes it's like I'm looking through a fogged up mirror.  Everytime I get a migraine I usually get a number of Auras leading up to them and have a stiff neck and high BP.  I have tried accupuncture but it didn't seem to help.  I was on Frovatriptan for quite awhile but it seems to have lost it's ability to help.  My GP has given me Naproxen and Methocarbol muscle relaxers to see if it helps.  so far nope. all they seem to do is put me to sleep....

Please let me know how the physio goes.

• Posted

That's interesting about eyes/watering. I have been diagnosed

with hemiplegic migraine. I only have approx 3 attacks a year but I am hospitalised each time, other times i suffer migraine that put me in bed for 24 hrs . Most days my right eye waters

particularly in the morning and it is my right side of body that is

affected.

• Posted

well physio didnt woek, after 4 sessions he decided there was nothing more he could do and has now referred me to see a maxillo facial surgeon or something about my jaw as he says it dislocated itself and that could be adding to the mograines. Another waiting game, still waiting for an appointment with the neurologist since January. So annoying. It makes me so desperate for relief

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.