Apathetic af help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was just wandering whether what I feel is alright, also I'm 16 so is it just like a part of growing up?

Basically for the past 3 years or more I've been slowly losing emotions.

It started off with severe sadness until I wanted to commit suicide a year later and then I just started feeling less and less until I stopped feeling really. On a day to day basis I just go through my life doing whatever I have to but I feel no satisfaction or happiness or sadness for that matter, I don't feel alive at all. I've been faking emotions to blend in with people, and I just believe that there is ultimately no purpose to my existence.

My grades are getting worse but I just don't care(I want to care, and I know it's wrong but I can't help it) and so I just sleep when I'm not at school. I've also started being really problematic at home but I don't know how to stop, my parents don't know what to do and I can't bring myself to care, they try to guilt trip me and try to get an emotional response out of me but I just feel so distant. I don't know, I just want to start feeling or I want life to end. Am I depressed? What is this??

any responses appreciated smile

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi nobodyreally!! about your emotions, people are constantly faking emotions, pretending to like this or that, just fake on for now, I'm the other way , I tell it like it is, if someone puts a pic on fb of there meal I take the ......, ss, don't worry about that.
    • Posted

Okay at least we have that out of the way :p and I'm glad you're honest I think it's quite smart to be to be straightforward.
    • Posted

Ok , somebody really, throw some sh*t at me then, I'm an older guy(49) but I've been around a bit, been a jail for drugs. Been a doormen on some big clubs like ministry of sound, spent my life scrapping in gyms and with my folks, been nicked by the armed police, are u in the uk?? Or US? I'm on some big pain meds with derpression and fatigue and just today went into morphine withdrawlal but I'm up now. What's you main interest, mine was weight training but I've had to give that up due to going to hard and busting up ny elbows with nerve damage by a surgeon so life's not a bed of roses right now, are male or female? That's not a pick up question tho!!  So fire some stuff at me , if I can't advise you I will say next question!! Your go, my name is del, let's get a name cos nobody puts u in a bm frame of mind to start off, hurry cos I've got to go through a lot of emails to find if my new boots are coming tomo. Now let let loose brother or sister.👊👊👊
    • Posted

Sent you a post but it's being moderated for some reason so hang in there I havnt forgot you!!!!!
    • Posted

I'm can't be asked to wait for my post to be moderated, it mainly said I've been through some rough stuff with my now deceased folks. I've been around some tough situations, I done the securiyty jobs and done little bird so you to an throw what you like and not feel embarrassed at all. I will give you the most straight forward stuff cos that's the easiest. Pleas don't moderate this one !!
    • Posted

Sorry for the slow reply. I'm in the UK, sorry to hear about the meds and depression.I'm glad you're feeling better though. Im a computer person, I spend most of my time either playing games or going to parties. I'm a girl, names Tyllie . And its a real shame that you had to give up weight training that sounds annoying. Hope your boots arrive xD
  • Posted

Ok first of all I am not going to call you nobody really as that is not accurate I bet you rock and you just cant see that from inside!!! I went through a lot of emotions when I was a teen there are some normal emotions, pear pressure and the usual school of hard knox !! However thoughts of suicide is not cool I have been there died twice and was revived twice I have physical reminders daily! Not showing emotions isnt that bad however feeling depressed "as some of the things you describe could fall into that" should be checked out. Why dont you sit down with your mum and dad and talk abiout how you feel ask for help! ask to go a doc who understands it better ! Get the help you deserve buddy and let us know how things went smile  
    • Posted

I talked to my parents about it and they said they'll try and talk to a doctor at a local gp. smile
    • Posted

Hi somebody really, have a chat with your doctor about some cognitive behavior therapy, don't go down the antidepressents route until you have read all the side effects of these drugs, try to go for natural stuff first if you feel you need to take something,  5htp would be something to try from holland and Barrett. Read up on anne Blake Tracey if you want to know the dangers of antidepressents there are lots of facebook sites with valuable information. It's a minefield.
    • Posted

I don't think you should be giving advice like this.   She needs professional help and needs to do whatever the doctor thinks is best for her.   If this includes ad's then you shouldn't be trying to put her off them.
    • Posted

I never said not to take antidepressents did I? I said to read up on them first, I've been on antidepressents for years and I wish now that I had the information on the internet when I was younger. Plus she is only sixteen, very young to be taking black box warning drugs that as a named side effect can and have caused suicide, go onto the facebook site" cymbalta hurts worse" and post the question " should my 16 year old old daughter take prescribed antidepressents " ok , they're are thousands of people on that site with far greater knowledge on anti depressants than most doctors, anne Blake Tracy Altho im not her biggest fan has written a book on Prozac ( prozac, pandora or panacea, our serotonin nightmare) then the website venaflaxine should be illegal and then lots of others about these drugs. Thanks . Del. ( currently dealing with duloxatin withdrawal because of extreme fatigue setting in after one years use).
  • Posted

Hi you need to seek help asap.  Isn't there a school counsellor you could go to?  If not go and visit your doctor - at 16 you are legally an adult and it will remain confidential.   It would be best if you could tell your parents though or if not another family member? 

I went through very similiar at your age but it was never picked up nor did I seek help.   I wish I had as I would have avoided many problems in later life. 

Please seek help now.  x

• Posted

I go to a Catholic school but I don't believe in God so a school counsellor wouldn't help at all but I will see a doctor as soon as I can. Thanks for the reply x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.