Germaloids for bowel complaint

Posted , 2 users are following.

I hope I can speak freely about this, I have a prolapsed bowel and the symptoms of chronic IBS which come with that necessarily, and had been using anusol to loosen stools to no avail, well as a matter of fact I only used it a few times and had to give up, it was useless, then my nephew suggested to me that I try germaloids cream, well, being frank, I apply a certain amount with my finger tip, right up the rectum, as I get miniscule trapped stools which are frankly agony, I am having to go into detail in order to explain, but basically this pleasantly medicated cream, makes the area more loose, and works for me far better than taking movacol or even lactulose as with these I find I get highly unpleasant diarrhoea and my stools, although by this time mushy, STILL get stuck, the germaloids on the other hand, smooth the whole area and facilitate the stools motioning there way down, I just wondered if anyone had tried germaloids and had similar success, I find it invaluable as (again apologies for the detail expressed) but they give me such relief, and trust me i really do suffer with this as my prolapsed muscles do not function well at all, in fact sometimes they are at basically a grinding halt, anyway, hopefully you will if you suffer similarly, will find this information useful, good luck!  Fiona

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard of it, but I have problems with constipation and strain as a result. Due to this I have ripped my anus and bleed. I was thinking of enemas for relief. Where does one get the cream you are talking about.
    • Posted

Hi Craig, I fully understand, I often bleed myself, some of that being post surgical in cause, however the product is called "Germaloids" and most GP's should be able to prescribe it for you, DON'T be fobbed off with anusol, as some GP's will try to get you to accept an inferior product to cost cut or just to be bl***dy minded!  Sorry but I feel very strongly about it, hope you find it successful and please don't hesitate to get in touch for any further help, Fiona
    • Posted

PS  Best wait ten mins after each application and then things should be a lot easier.
    • Posted

This is available in the United States? I have never heard of it. Do you have to have a RX for it?
    • Posted

Hi Craig, I don'tlnow if GPS in the States do it but you can get it alternatively, from Amazon. What is an RX?
    • Posted

The ointment is more effective than the cream although it's available in both forms, if your doctor is unable to supply it you can order it from Amazon, I have seen it on their website.
    • Posted

RX stands for prescription medication. Medicine that you have to go to your doctor to get. Thanks for the info.
    • Posted

I really don't get on with suppositories of any kind myself but yes I believe Amazon do these too, that's if your GPdoesnt do them, just type in germaloids, all varieties should come up.
    • Posted

Thanks I will try the cream then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.