Just diagnosed with Diverticlar disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

had my cat colonoscopy scan a week ago and saw my Doctor yesterday for results. I have quite extensive diverticula disease but thankfully nothing else! They scan all my internal organs from under my chest to pelvis so had complete torso MOT! I haven't had a flare up but just IBS symptoms but I can't eat nuts, popcorn, seeds, sweet corn without getting pains in my left side. I started taking probiotic capsules a month ago and have found them really helpful. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You and me both ,my consultant said "there os nothing sinister in there ""

Please don't start eating rubbish .And keep the Acidophilis tabs going they 

really are your best friend

• Posted

Are the Acidphillus tabs really good then? Can you take them as well as probiotic capsules? Do you get them from Holland & Barrett ? 
    • Posted

Yes. they are really good,and they are the probiotic capsules from

H&B  Seems as though you are already on them !!!!!!!

• Posted

Hello

I have just been diagnosed as well can you let me know what tablets and probiotics you take and where to get them please

Thank you

• Posted

Morning Kelly   Hope you are in the U.K

Holland & Barrett is the store

Product is called Acidophilus with Pectin  3 billion bacteria  (good guys )

100 capsules in the jar 

I take   one with brealkfast and one with evening meal

If I tell you that I am pain free and have been for over a year .

However I do watch stuff I pu in my mouth 

Go today ,and Barrett's do put them on offer now and then, so I

usually stock up 

Don't expect them to work overnight ,but they are fairly active.DO NOT MISS A DOSE

Ready, get the slap on ,and off you  go cheesygrin

• Posted

Hello kelly. not quite sure if the tabs are O.K for your daughter, I will

have to do a bit of digging. will let you know ASAP

So, have you been to H&B yet????rolleyes

• Posted

Where are you coming from Kelly   !!!!!! Take one NOW !!!!

You do not try them ,you take them !!!!!x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.