symptoms of ulcerative colitis.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think I might have ulcerative colitis. My symptoms include diarrhoea which I have had for more then a year but never any constipation, a lack of appetite although the anti depressants I'm on are meant to increase my appetite, nausea after a bowel movement and frequent abdominal pains.

Can anyone relate to my symptoms?

I'm getting really worried about the problems I have as doctors just keep telling me it's anxiety and stress but I know my body and it's not just stress.

Please help me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris

i have similar symptoms.  Have you seen a dr?  How long have you been on your meds and what dosage?

lynda

• Posted

I have seen the Dr on many occasions but they pass it off as anxiety and stress. I'm on 15mg mirtazapine and was on them for 5 months last year and started on them again 6 weeks ago. My diahorea symptoms started way before I was on any medication.
  • Posted

Hi Chris, have you passed any blood or mucous in your stools? Have you had any fever and feeling of being fatigued and unwell? These are indications of having UC as opposed to other gastric disorders but symptoms do vary and you may feel better then worse again. The symptoms you describe maybe due to IBS and many people with UC get treated for IBS at first until during a flare up when they get more symptoms and have a colonoscopy to identify. I hope you get some answers soon, but if you get blood in the toilet go straight to the GP.

Sheila

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.