long term effects of amitryptaline

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking 100 mg of amitryptaline for years. Over the last 6 months I have been experiencing what I believe are symptoms of long term side effects. I constantly lick my lips and move my tongue, clicking my fingernails and.moving my feet. I don't seem to be able to stop these things. It gets really bad when I'm doing something like cleaning the house and sewing. Has anyone else have this problem?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know with meds if side effects are worth it.

I think by taking medications my health conditions increased

Instead of getting betteršŸ˜¢

• Posted

I'm seeing my doctor on Friday concerning these side effects. It's good to know someone else is experiencing these problems. It is nerve-racking to say the least. It's hard having a conversation with someone when all I do is move my mouth and lick my lips and it seems to be getting worse, too.
    • Posted

Good luck.

I hate my doctors

I don't know if u take other meds but if so have them print out their med sheet then then ur pharmacy. Have them print out scripts and see if the mix is causing more problem s too. Sometimes some are same and dose of all makes side effects too

Make sure u have paper trail and ur copies

• Posted

Thanks, I will. I like my doctor. I will like him more if he can work with me on this problem. This is the first time I have had a problem with meds. Keep you fingers crossed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.