Why does undetected parasitic infection invariaby slide towards mental health branding?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Why is it - after every time stool tests, blood test etc come back negative that health professionals always direct you towards mental health issues?

It is as if the West are not geared up to cope with anything they do not expect to see presented - coughs, colds, backache and the odd pinworm infection in Mrs Jones's youngest iswhat they expect.

Someone presenting with strange cysts, anal irritation, nausea and weakness and who has just come back from a tropical region is just NOT what they expect or need. A couple of standard o&p stool tests, a blood test thrown in for good measure and if nothing jumps out at the bored lab technician, be on your way lucky not to have a community mental health team visit you

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You don't get it!?

In western medicine, if they cannot verify physical chronic illness, they fear incompetence so they will through it on you.

It happened to me and to others and doctors are arrogant a** ****.

My son had recurrent lyme wnd if not for using a non mainstream doctor same s*** would've happened.

Don't bother with docs. Go to naturopaths, they are way ahead in every area.

Sorry for your suffering.

• Posted

Thank you

Hope your boy wins out against it and the system

I used to have total faith in medical science, until I came back from the tropics with what felt and still feels like a parasitic infection. Well, you just know dont you, the irritation, the wriggling, the itching, and cysts - I was adamant that med science would find and fix the problem. But nope - no dice. I began to feel like a crank - googling the reliability and sensetivity of standard stool tests for ova and parasites, the reliabilty of blood testing and so on and depressingly became a google expert on their limitations and failings - protest with this knowledge and you are doomed and the battle becomes personal then. The man of logic, reason and science versus 'another crank with delusional parasitosis' and unless you have bags of cash to spend on a Harley street parasitologistthats the end of the line for the crank. Unless of course he is willing to concede and accept the helping hand of anti depressants and anti-psychotics.

There, there, they are all in your mind

• Posted

I think it starts with our entire system being ran on dollars over humanity, compassion, and actually caring about the patient. I can't grip how all the evidence is obviously there, even a child notices... It's the lack of wanting to be a true Health Care Provider! Versus a Medical Doctor who's getting kickbacks from pharmaceutical reps.. My last "Dr" got vacations to Hawaii by deeming me mentally ill and putting me on multiple meds that I didn't need. That's what's wrong in my opinion.... It's very detrimental and very sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.