I am going to try

Posted , 2 users are following.

To take my amitriptyline about 30 minutes earlier than what i normally do to see if it eliminates my headaches & grogginess the next day, which can last up to the afternoon.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take mine 3 hours before I go to bed. You don't say how long you've been taking it for but sometimes your body has to just get used to it.
    • Posted

Hi matron. I have been taking amitriptyline since oct '14 & usually take it 3 hours before bed. However the past 2 months i have been feeling groggy with bad headaches (either pounding or splitting ones) which dont go away until the afternoon. I have been browsing through the forum today & came across a discussion from about 9 months ago from a member who seemed to have similar problems. One advice was to take it earlier than what they were doing. I have just taken my dosage 5 minutes ago, so i will see how i get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.