New to Orlistat- diet help needed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all.  I am about to embark on this diet regime as prescribed by my doctor.  I seem to have a mental block when it comes to reading labels and understanding recommended daily intakes.  Has anyone found an easy to follow low fat diet plan that will help me eat as I should be whilst taking Orlistat, bearing in mind i am a useless cook!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kfan,

I have found it easier than I thought to stick to a low fat diet plan. The key is to plan ur meals in advance.

I found a great recipe book and app I follow for meal ideas-

Hamlyn low fat cooking and the smart recipes change for life app. Slimming world also have some good low fat recipes.

I also Google foods that I am unsure of fat content.

My understanding is no more the 15g of fat per meal and no more than 45g of fat per day.

Stick to lean or extra lean meats, use frylight spray oil when cooking and bulk up with veg.

I have have been on orlistat for 6 wks now so I am sure the more experience orlistat users will have more advice for you.

Good luck in your journey

• Posted

Many thanks Miss d83. I will look these up.
    • Posted

Hi Hun, isn't it 5 g of fat per meal (per 100)
  • Posted

I'm on my 4th day and just weighed myself have lost 7 pound !  This is my daily food menu  I've stuck to,,,breakfast, blueberries, strawberries banan with onken yogurt, with. Teaspoon of Helens breakfast sprinkles,, slice of wholemeal toast with teaspoon jam, black coffee with one teaspoon of demara sugar, ,,,,and my tablet, I drink 2 litres of Iceland flavoured water a day (50p for 2 litres) ,,,, I'm. It for one eating lunch but have forced myself to eat, so I have a packet of melba toast (dry) with watercress tuna cherry tomato and black pepper, tablet, ,or tuna Greak salad, tea.- I don't eat pork so i alternate fish and chicken, white fish marinated overnight and if chicken marinate in the morning , (Jamaican rice and peas white rice) salad or vegetables I eat a lot of okra and chillies ! or j,potatoe with half tea spoon of low fat Dairycheese,  to snack on between lunch and dinner I have toffee popcorn or fruit, Morrisons sell popcorn 6 30g bags in one ,, I have had no nasty side effects and feel healthier, I do Ceroc dancing 4 times a week and  now started walking every morning for half hour hope this helps ,,, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.