Can feel stools in vagina

Posted , 3 users are following.

I can feel the pressure of stools in my vagina, which makes walking and sitting uncomfortable, even after a bowel movement.  When I have loose stools however, after defecation my vagina burns and stings for the rest of the day.  Either way I'm always in pain or at the best very uncomfortable.  At night the vaginal pain wakes me up with a need to have a bowel movement.  This normally happens at least three times a night.  Does anyone have similar problems?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Gloria ,I tohave similar symptoms ,bowel / Gyne ,is it painful to sit for very long . ? 
    • Posted

In answer to you question, I always have to sit down very carefully, with either of the two symptoms mentioned.  My main problem is after sitting for even  a short while, on rising I'm in extreme pain in the vaginal/urethral area, this is only relieved by urinating. It is all a mystery to me.  I have had a colonoscopy; flexible sigmoidoscopy; MRI scan of pelvis, with a dye to show up any damaged nerves, and nothing has shown up that could be causing this problem, which is preventing me from sleeping, walking - living a normal life. 
  • Posted

Hi Gloria

Have you been diagnosed with a diverticular in your bowel??? A

swollen bowel can push against vaginas walls. It can also make

you urinate more and possibly faeces in vaginas. Do ask for a colonoscopy test.

I'm on my 9th post op for emergency perforated colon very lucky not to have a colostomy. ...I'll have keyhole surgery later to remove my diseased section

• Posted

Hi Saxonjus

Yes, I have been told that I have diverticular disease, but no-one has suggested to me that this could be the cause of my problem.  Thank you so much for the information, it has been very helpful.

• Posted

Hi Gloria ,only just saw your post ,don't get on here so often ,Im on a site that migh be of help will PM you . It's a really bad ncomfortable condition for sure ,sat here now on a heating pad . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.