Tramadol Hell

Posted , 11 users are following.

After tapering from Tramadol from 8 X 50g capsules a day I am on day 8 and its hell on earth! The first 48 hours free from this drug was a nightmare, all the classic opiate withdrawal symptoms and now I have the worst dark depression ever. I know I can end this nightmare by taking a Tramadol right now, but I'm fighting not too. These Doctors do not have a clue what some of us go through to get off this drug! The last time I tried I got to 33 days and couldn't take anymore, I pray I get further this time and come out of this acute withdrawal. This is the worst thing I have ever had to do in my life. Doctors need training on how to withdraw people from this drug and warn what hell this drug is! I'm so low in mood and have been bed ridden for 8 days so far. If I ever get off this nasty drug it will be a miracle. I do not want to take another pharmaceutical drug again as long as I live! 💔💔💔

3 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What was your last dose and how quickly did you withdraw? You can make your own liquid out of the pills and then cut down much more gradually from the last 50mg. Depression is a common result of coming off tramadol. It sent me into such a bad depression I had to go on anti-depressants for four years. Thankfully I am now free of both using very slow withdrawal and my own homemade liquid. Maybe you should reinstate 50mg and then taper very slowly using liquid?
    • Posted

Thanks evergreen, I'm gonna try and ride this wave, no matter how long it is. I did taper slowly and opened up the caps and divided powder, couldn't be bothered to do a water tiration. I'm going to try any alternative therapies I can get my hands on (doing EFT this morning as we speak!) I'm so adamant not to use any Pharma drugs at all. Research has suggested 2 years to be fully well, as PAWS can last that long. I'm prepared for that and just have to try and lift this depression as naturally as I can.

Thanks for your reply, and I am so glad you are now free from these poisons xx

• Posted

Just a thought, have you tried inositol? It's vitamin 8 powder that you can get from most health suppliers. You have to take lots of it for it to have an effect on depression and anxiety, but it really does work. It made a massive difference to me when I was withdrawing. I still take a heaped teaspoon daily in my morning tea (that's lots more than the dose on the packet but there is no unsafe level). Hubby also takes it and it really hellpps him with work stress. You need 12-18 grams daily for it to have a hteraputic effect. It can make your bowels a bit loose so if you try it, stay near a toilet until yoou know how it will effect you. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks for that, haven't heard of it, but just wrote it down and going to look for it! ❤️
  • Posted

Honestly the only thing that got me thru was Klonapin an anti-anxiety med. Then I had to go on Zoloft 50mg. Now when you start an antidepressant your anxiety is increased so the Klonapin was already in my system to battle that until the Zoloft kicked in an that was about 5 wks. Tramadol withdrawls cause depression an anxiety. You will or might have PAWS. Prolong Acute Withdraw Symptoms. Its just the nature of the beast. Im still battling depression after stopping in 2014 but I also started menopause so double whamy. But everyone is different an your depression might not last long. Make sure you take Vit D, Omega-3, Vit.C an multi-vit. An if your near menopause or think your hormones are out of whack go have them tested because that could be making it all worse. Stay hydrated an exercise. Eat carrots. Goodluck to you an you can do this!
    • Posted

thanks Zio10 Yep, have been in menopause for the last three years! So double wammy indeed! Defo going to take all those suggested natural meds. I'm just so angry that the pharmaceutical companies dish these meds, including antidepressants, anti anxiety etc drugs like smarties and haven't been trained in alternative therapies, but then they wouldn't be such rich large corporations if they did that, they know how addictive these drugs are and for some, God knows what figure, people just DONT come off them because of the withdrawals and are on them for life!

xxx

• Posted

i was on double that dose for 3 years  and i quit,  been a year now scince i started the taper --April of 2015,  finished the taper in june same year--havent gone near it scince----so   you can do it,  but you need to get someone close to you  in your corner, so to speak,  if you try on your own  ,  you might find it easy to say the heck with it , and start using again--i used to order the crap off the internet ,  mostly from India,  so it wasn't hard to get it,  plus i had a doc's prescription for 300  mgs per day for back pain---but yea,  lifes much better without that Trammy monkey on my back!  peace
    • Posted

Yep, can't wait to be free of the poison, it amazes me how nasty this drug is and what it can do to your personality, I've never been so angry, agitation, effing and blinding, crying, screaming, I'm a raging ball!!! But I know it's withdrawals after reserching this drug and I know it will pass in time. No wonder Prozac now has a warning now for suicide, I can quiet understand how someone can get that low! 

The percentage of prescription drug users is so high around the globe, we are having so much problems with addiction because of this, it effects anybody and any age, God help us!!! Peace x

• Posted

I understand your reluctance to taking other drugs. If you won't go the pharmaceutical route have you considered St.Johns wort or 5htp?

Will you take otc meds? If so paracetamol, ibuprofen amd pseudofed help the physical symptoms for me.

Good luck.

• Posted

That should be sudofed not pseudofed. smile
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, yes, I would take OTC meds, but at the moment I'm gonna wait a while until my receptors calm down a bit. I've had 5HTP before and can't remember if there was any difference! But, later, I won't rule it out to try again. I just want to see what happens to my brain if I don't take anything via stomach. It's like an experiment. I'm going to give myself 2 years.....No alcohol, no mood altering drugs at all, and after this sugar addiction has gone (only started since withdrawals) good whole foods! excersicing, walking, etc. If will be the first time in years not to pop a pill or have a drink! 
  • Posted

Hi ruth

Make your own liquid ? Maybe not,better still go to your dr and ask for tramadol drops they are 12.5mg per drop and i always have a bottle on the shelf and yes i have been there,i took 400mg tramadol sr plus oramorph and 3600mg gabapentin daiky, now i am on 100mg tramadol and 2700mg gabapentin, i have to raise the gabapentin to 3600mg and the tramadol to zero to cover my pain (hopefully 😀),try the drops there a good back up for the odd sh*tty day anyway without feeling you've failed,your right about tramadol it is a great drug for pain but hell to reduce,ive been on it for over 17 years,drs eh 😕,hang in there.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, but I'm just gonna ride it out! On day nine today, just one day at a time, no matter how long it takes, I'm gonna feel great again, one day! 
    • Posted

I was just wondering; the last time you came off the tramadol and lasted 33 days, did you come off faster than this time? If so, the WD may be over much sooner than you think, although the depression usually lasts a lot longer than the more acute physical and anxiety symptoms.
    • Posted

It takes about 8 months to rewire the brain. The sooner Ruth can get moving the better. After 4 to 5 weeks, the worst is over but you correct. The anxiety and the depression is tough for months
    • Posted

Hi ruth,fingers crossed then,i started again decreasing tramadol 8 days ago because i have medically induced headaches (they think),but today i am refucing further and i am cutting the morning and evening sr tramadol 50mg in half, just gone to bed ,have a migraine aswell and my brain always seems to take care of the migraine so my damaged nerves feel worse ,i was before your message came going to have 12.5mg drop of tramadol and decided against it mind you maybe later, my wife always says I'm in a hurry to reduce and its true but we wil keep that between us,occupying the mind always helps even typing on here,baked 2 lovely golden ciabata breads earlier shall i send one over.😀
    • Posted

It was slightly faster this time. It's the low mood that's getting to me and the chronic fatigue, I'm bed ridden mostly and the bouts of anger and tears and frustration. I know I've got to be a bit more patience as its only day 9, but everyday is as hard as day one! And the heart palps/racing heart, stomach cramps, it's just getting on top on me and I have no one to talk to about it who understands 😭
    • Posted

Even when I was tapering, I was getting withdrawals, especially migraines, they have eased off for now, it's just the low mood and agitation, stomach cramps and fatigue that's getting to me, oh and the facing heart and vertigo! Great joy 😭😭😭
    • Posted

Yep, gonna try so hard to get out of this bed tomorrow, day 10! So good to have people on this forum who know what your talking about! Just hope that training Doctors read these threads!! 👍🏻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.