Drug interactions

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can I list all of dads meds to get some feedback on possible interactions that either doctors haven't explained or that we have not fully understood?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sadly we are not medically qualified to answer your questions but a pharmacist will if you go to a chemist, they are very qualified to help you, more so than Doctors.

Hope it helps xx

• Posted

A pharmacist will be more than happy to sit down with you and go over any drug related questions, including drug interactions. We do it every day! Best of luck. I'd advise going to where you normally get the medicines dispensed if you can, but any pharmacy should help you.

• Posted

Thanks, I think I'll do that as his care down to me. Im here on my own with dad, the rest of the family are back in the UK. Daddoesn't want to know, he's happy to do what they tell him & trust the docs.
    • Posted

If you know the names of all the medicines I could help if you don't get any luck elsewhere, if you wanted to list them on here, that is! 
  • Posted

Quick update - dad had an ICD check recently, all good, no episodes reported. I asked about his meds regarding poss interactions & was told that Trangorex can affect the efficacy of Sintron - that's all I needed to know. Thankfully his most recent INR was 2.7, the 1st time it's been within range since he started on Sintron. Hopefully things have settled down & I can relax a little. Also doc has stopped 1 med & reduced another - now down to 8 a day!.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.