omg, the pain

Posted , 13 users are following.

Just been diagnosed. It hurts so bad. How doyou deal?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Saw my GP got morphine and tramadol for night low dose morphine ibuproen paracetamol day time and sometimes a sling younwill find away that helps you, i had to be put on restricted duties, hot water bottle, try not tobang your arm or move it suddenly no pain like it i nearly past out. And hot shower oh and dont lay on it x

Hope yiu get some relief its just the worst pain even my radiologist said its the mostboinful condition x

• Posted

What were you diagnosed for? I had lot of experience dealing with pain since October. I take painkillers or OTC like Tylenol. Last October, I had rotator cuff year surgery. The pain was the worse I ever had.
  • Posted

You cry, you fear that you'll never get better. You'll cry in the toilet. You'll cry in the bath that you can't get out of. You'll cope Teri because you have no choice. Tell yourself that this too will pass. Follow this forum and you will see that people do get better. I'm so tired from it all. It's never ending but we are all supporting each other because we know what we're all going through. Keep your heart up. X
  • Posted

Hi Teri

We all know that sickening feeling when you are told ( matter of facttly) , that " you have frozen shoulder" .. And you go; ok how do I get rid of it and how long will it last?? And the doctors says " oh there is no cure and it wil last about 3 years "!!!! I think that's why we all joined this forum, to keep our sanity, some comradely and to share our pain and experiences.... I've tried lots of different angles , I've been suffering since oct last year, I find HEAT to be the best pain reliever : the cortisone injection didn't help me and neither did accupature; but we are all different and it has worked for others.

You just need to find what works for you terri; we are all here to listen. Take care cindy x

• Posted

Hi Teri17216,

So sorry to hear that. This is definitely not the "happiest forum" to be a part of. It is by far the

most "helpful" because everyone here has been through, or is going through, or has a loved one that has gone through your pain. The general consensus seems to be different things seems to work for different people. In the beginning nothing worked for me. Sleep helped if I could get some.

I had to sleep in a awkward position so I wouldn't roll on my shoulder, or I slept in a recliner. That's

How I currently sleep. A heating pad seems to help

me alot. It's still early for me as well. Also not moving it in the early stages is helping so my Orthopedic Dr. has it in a shoulder sling until I can

get pass passive range of motion with p.t. Also nsaids for inflammation help. (I don't notice much helping with pain but rest). Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum.

Dorene

• Posted

Hello terri 

so sorry you are going through this vile condition.

i have has fs 18minths haven't slept through the night since it began.

movement now is a little better pain is gone I did have cortisone injections and for a while they helped but they wear off. Take tramadol for any pain and have taken anti inflammatory s since the start. The only comfort I can give you is try not to move the shoulder too much while in this painful stage.

it does pass and different things help different people.

i wish you well very soon x

• Posted

Thank you all for replying.  It really does help to know I am not alone.  Are any of you angry?  I am really angry at this and I refuse to accept that this will last very long.

Is that normal?  smile

• Posted

Yes, I am angry sometimes because no one understands this medical condition except for those that are going through it or have experienced it. However, at least we can support one another. I find making myself take a little walk helps calm my mind. Even just around the block. Hang in there Teri.
    • Posted

Hi Jen,

Yesterday I went to the radiologist and he said that it sounded like a made up diagnoses.  If medical people feel like that how can we ever convince people like our bosses?

• Posted

You are right no one gets it people were off with me at work and made me feel like i was skiving despite having been to Occupational health saw the occupational doctor who was a consultant in occupational health medicine who put me on restricted duties. ANYWAY i was in the rest room at work and someone put a saucer on top of a plate, not seeing this with my good arm pulled the plate from the cipboard and obviously saucer came with it automatic reaction was to catch the falling saucer OMG the pain i nearly passed out nearly sick i couldnt even fight te tears i cried and cried for an hour at that point my team realised the pain i was in one ran got tissues one ran got my morphine and i just cried bloke turns round from another dept the plate didnt hit you that hard did it Well my team explained to him they have been fine since the pain has ease a bit since 2nd cortisone injectiom x
    • Posted

Karen, I have had that same automatic reaction and caught things and cried for an hour, but I was at home. Why in the world doesn't your doctor have you off of work, that is not reasonable for you to be at work! You don't need that!
    • Posted

Teri hi,

You know what, I started telling people that I either have a major shoulder issue and leave it at that, or I tell them it's adhesive capsulitis. (Sounds scary lol). Like you, I don't feel the need to justify my situation to anyone. I know we look fine to an outsider, but they have no idea that it feels as though are arms are having contractions/birth pain if we move the wrong way!  

• Posted

I was off, forca while now on restricted duties so im in the office, i been taken off the immigration controls and customs but the electronic gates i csn operate with mybother arm but i get stiff and cold and it doesnt hrlp at all i was on their fro 5 hours with an hours break i nearly went home x
  • Posted

Hi Teri,

Sorry you are joining us here in the Frozen Shoulder...'one-armed-ladies-lounge', but welcome. I would offer you a coctail, but I believe we are all already heavily medicated. lol

Seriously, this forum really helps. Vent away. It's a great place for support and to just ask if others have had a similar experience. Everyone here is very nice and super helpful. I just saw a post from a kind soul letting us know that this will eventually go away. Keep your spirits up Teri. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.