Rivaroxaban side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I have intermittent AF and on the advice of my GP and a cardiologist, I have been taking Rivaroxyban for 2 months now. Days after taking the drug for the first time, I began to feel nauseous (low grade 'yucky' feeling very like pregnancy morning sickness). I also feel just generally under the weather and achey, and my tinnitus is worse. I wish I'd never started taking them. I would gladly take aspirin daily instead. It's like being pulled 2 ways-take the drug that makes me feel unwell or suffer the anxiety of waiting for a possible stroke to happen.

I'd be glad to hear how others on ACs cope.

Best wishes, Maz

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about the side effects of your new drug which is one I've not heard of before. Think you might benefit from a different medical opinion, have you asked your doctor about this?  Cheer up please--- I have had attrial fibrillation for 4 years now and have never been prescribed any treatment for it specifically, and it is not as imminently disastrous as you are now worrying about.  DO seek more medical advice because the fact it is worrying you means that it isn't doing you much good. We are all different and what works for one person doesn't mean it works for someone else. Best wishes   Anne
    • Posted

Dear Anne, I can't believe you have not been prescribed any treatment for your AF. Did you know the most devasting strokes happen to people with AF.

Do you know what happens with AF, the blood pools in your lower chambers and can flick clots off which then enter your bloodstream.

I think you need to change your Cardio.

Understand paroxysmal, persistent long-standing, and permanent Afib

If you have persistnet AF your heart can suffer stress and your valves can enlarge. 

If it is like mine.paroxamal

Please look after your health and be proactive in insisting on treatment.

• Posted

hi mazcat im on rivaroxyban and get the same sickness as you and have terrible itching which my doc has given me antihistamens for day and night also a tub of cream to put on for the bruises as i am scratching that much im bruising.does your leg go very tight at night .and are you allowed to walk on it every day.im only allowed out ever other day or i cannot walk at all.
  • Posted

Hi. My Husband was put on Rivaroxyban as he is allergic to warfarin. He had to come off it after 2 weeks as the side effects were worse than the warfain.

He is now on Apixaban and has not yet had a problem...its now 5 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.