Need help with withdrawel

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I have been taking DHC for years, I usually take 6 30mg every morning, sometimes 8, I don't take anymore throughout the day, I know to most people this seems such a low dose, but I'm scared, I want to stop, but I don't know how to be normal again  [sad]  I need to wake up without taking them being the 1st thing on my mind!! In the beginning it was amazing, I was on the ball, doing things, looking after myself, now I just sit around, I keep the house tidy etc..I WANT TO STOP, I have a Granddaughter now & this should make me more determined, I know my withdrawel won't be anywhere near as bad as some on here but I'm scared, I know I'm gonna feel rough, Ideally I would like to sleep for a week & wake up not needing them, I also need to put a stone & half on...Please someone help me, I'm NOT telling anyone as no one knows but surely I can get off them quick?? I need help PLEASE!!  I have 2 left & prescription 5 days away, I shall be telling my Dr but don't want to taper I want off them, I'm so so scared I look after my Granddaughter most days & can't be ill with her.....I stopped an addiction to 80-100mgs of oxycontin years ago, just taking solpadene & that was a hellish week or so, I've been told it's worse with dihyrocodeine sad Can someone please help me sad I hate this!!!

2 likes, 195 replies

195 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I stopped taking DH over a year ago , I took the same amount as you do.

i took only two one day then one the next and stopped I know everyone is different I had five days of flu like symtoms and really upset stomache for a few days. It's best to do this when you can spend the first few days in bed

every day it gets better and it's really worth the discomfort. Or you could taper down gradually but I just wanted it to be over. I did have lots of sneezing as well which did last for about six weeks.

good luck I'm sure you will be able to do this x

• Posted

Have you ever briefly relapsed for a weekend or so sorry you can tell me to mmofb just I do constantly god dam money on my shoulder won't stop whispering in my ear lol
    • Posted

That was ment to be monkey on my shoulder wish it was money lol
    • Posted

Hi Ann, I didn't see this message! Do you mean you went from 6ish to 2 to 1 in 3days? I started with 4 then 3 now on 2, I don't have it in me to stay in bed, even if ill so I'm trying to let my body get used to a lower dose so stopping will be slightly easier...It's been no where as bad as I thought (so far) you also mention the 'sneezing' never had it when coming off oxy's or the last time I stopped DHC, everyone seems to sneeze except me?? I look forward to being completely free smile Well done to you for stopping so quick, that was brave...Hope you are doing ok....Sarah xxxxx
  • Posted

You will be fine sezyboo go to your docs explain the situation there's no shame a was the same started taking them made me like superman on steroids a couldn't do enough till I ended up taking 30+ a day nearly ruined my life ave been clean a few weeks now but not fully recovered you will be fine on that low dose with withdraw trust me I wanted to die when I done it but I had been doing it for years your doc will taper you down week buy week or maybe give you codeine on its own just to help but please go to doc don't do what I did straight cold turkey now I understand herione addicts it's the withdrawal witch makes need the next fix God knows how bad that is please go to docs a promise it will be the best thing you will ever do they might even put you ssri lol please let me know how you get on you will be ok and trust me if you can get of OxyContin this will be a walk in the park x
    • Posted

Sorry I'm replying so much, I don't know who's talking to me or to others so I feel I am repeating myself a lot...My Dr knows I had an addiction to oxy's & DHC but still prescribed me more, starting with oromorph which I asked to reduce off, now I'm prescribed 4 DHC a day, I'm not worried about talking to my GP, he is wonderful, he know's I want off them, but he thinks I take 2 x's 2 daily but I tend to take 6 in one go, again I have never taken them through the rest of the day, so I feel this will help my WD. Can I ask if you ever feel the need to go back, I have done this too many times & I pray you find the strength to live without them forever!! I to understand Heroin addicts now after all DHC is a similar form, we are all addicts, I hate the fact I have an addictive personality....I am 49, told I look 38/40, I am blessed with a good figure & the most amazing Children & Grandchild, what better reason to get healthy again, maybe I can start looking 35 haha x
    • Posted

That great what's your number 😘 Lol x you will be grand especially with lots of good family around just do it all best you will be fine trust us who have been up in the 30+ a day you are good to go you will be surprised how quick it will pass as I said before play I'll for 2 days and it will be over all this talking really helping me as well thanks x
  • Posted

My experience was horrendous! But again I was taking up to 4x as you. Sometimes 30-34/day. Wow! I know! I did it cold turkey. A d it took almost 6 weeks. . Flu like symptoms...but my worst bit was the pain in my legs...the ache was sometimes unbearable. The first 2 weeks were the worst. I think the only reason I made it was that I kept going to bed thinking that surely tomorrow will be better. But it never was. It's been 10 months for me now and I don't even miss them. And I would never pick them up again because I would never stop knowing what I would have to go through to stop again. Your dosage is very low so I don't think you will experience what I went through. So good luck and keep us posted
    • Posted

Yeah withdrawal is serious what help get me through it was dizapam couple through the day 2 at night to help sleep but you have to very careful they to can be addictive and a bit sedative not sure if a doc would prescribe them for withdrawal reasons but you can get them online.sezyboo you won't need these withdrawal kicks in day or two on your dose you should be fine couple crappy days but hey then you will free and can enjoy simple things with out them it's good to talk x
    • Posted

Me and you are the same bet it was work that drove you to them do you ever think of relapse because I am starting to struggle a bit this day and age you want a good life you got to work 50 -60 plus hours I ended up in hospital 1 time because I couldn't get dhc I took 15 100mg tramadol witch done nothing because of my tolerance took the same again and had a bad seizure that's when a just cold turkey worst to weeks of my life doc put it down to being provoked by fatigue from work and vital so I got away with lying playing I'll to my family while realy I was going cold turkey my job is so demanding a don't know how long I will last please stay in contact xxxx
    • Posted

I started taking these after having them prescribed for pain. I started off with one a day...and I liked the feeling. So I started taking more and more....so basically I took them to get high. But I could still function at work..I also work very hard. I bought them on line too and spent quite a bit of money. I went through terrible withdrawal but to be honest I don't crave them at all ..I actually very rarely think about them and when I do think about it and just can't believe how stupid I was to get hooked because I am a fairly intelligent person and I knew what I was doing was very high risk. I have done other drugs recreationally so believe me when I say I should know better.
    • Posted

Yes it is good to talk & coming onto this site was the best thing I have done, people who REALLY understand! I do get prescribed Diazapam & don't want anymore as I also want to stop these! Hearing all your stories I guess I'm very lucky, I can't imagine coming off 15/20/30 a day, I know I'm going to feel rough but if I do this I know the lovely, sweet, happy, caring & fun me will come back, done it before & WILL do again!! Thank you so much James smile xx

• Posted

I just want to say WELL DONE & I dream of the day I can say "I actually rarely think about them"  None of us are stupid!!  Just some feel they can't be themselves, be happy  without them. We so can!! x
    • Posted

Hi Alexandra, another post I missed?? Thank you for replying to my 1st post...I started to take 4 then 3 now I can get by on 2, by next week I'm hoping it will be a big fat zero, oh I can't wait smile I can now understand how bad it must of been, gave me a real kick up the butt seeing how easily I could of gone up to 30+ a day, that terrified me, I thought 6/8 was bad enough but as I've been told 6 is pretty much a normal Dr's dose, except I would take all 6 in the morning, never more through the day, before I found this site I was creeping up, taking an 2/3 more in the Afternoon, this site IS a life saver!!

YOU ARE AMAZING!! Braving cold turkey on that amount (dangerous I've heard to) I cannot believe you did it, so brave & strong, I imagine it was THE most horrendous time! I had the leg kicking etc when I stopped oxy's years ago, that was bad enough!

10 Months, fab smile do you feel yourself again, 'normal' ?? That's all I want, I just want to be the happy go lucky Sarah again, please tell me it will happen, I used to be on the go all the time, now I could sit for a week!!  

I sooo look forward to the day I don't think about them anymore smile

Again, thanks for message & I'm so sorry I didn't see it before, I got lost in too many threads??

Hope you are well, take care, love Sarah xxxxx

• Posted

Sorry for calling you sezyboo a must of got mixed up bottom line you are on a really low dose of you don't want help from doc play I'll really bedded take plenty vitamins and pottasim eg banannas nobobody needs to know but seriously you are no were in danger zone off bad sides trust me be over a couple of rough days you will be ok please let me know how you get every day I feel like relaspseing thinging yeah treat myself to a 28 pack online have a cool weekend and I think that will haunt me for the rest of my life so do it now when your low dose I have spent 1000s online witch now disgusts me do trust me if a got through you just play sick for few day all the best please let me know how you get on xxxx appaulgise if your a dude a don't swim in that end of the pool lol xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.