A cyst after hydrocelectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had hydroselectomy a little less than 2 months ago, and overall I'm fine, except for the fact that now the testicle is not "floating" inside anything, as my doctor explained to me, and it feels kind of non-elastic, so it's not moving like the other testicle does, which doesn't look right to me. But the doctor says this is expected after hydrocelectomy. Well I'm sad with that, but what can I do.

Another thing bothers me though - on both ends of the original cut minor cysts have formed. On one end it's almost unnoticable, but on the other closer to the leg it's quite large - some 2mm in diameter. It's pink in color and it looks like it's protruding from the inside, as if the skin hasn't grown together around it. The way it looks to me, it looks like it's growing really slowly. My doctor told me to wait for 3 months to pass from the operation, and having in mind he thinks it's a cyst, he hopes it will resolve by its self. If it doesn't, he recommends surgical removal (omg not another surgery!). Any experiences with this? Does it happen often and does it go away by its self? Thank you very much

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Go with what the Doctor advises.  I had disolving stiches inside my scrotum that took a while to disolve. There are many types of cysts, and fatty ones usually disappear on their own.  Healing takes time.  Be vigilant.  Consult yor Doctor, Try not to worry too much.  Hopefully everything will work out for you.
    • Posted

Thanks Bill ! Sounds comforting, although I wouldn't like to have this drag on and on for 6 months or something. Anyway should I try not to walk too much so I don't irritate it (cause I walk 10-15 km a day as a hobby), or should I just ignore it completely? Any other opinions?
    • Posted

When the weather is warmer, I try to average 5 miles a day wlking.  When the weather is unsuitable, I average 15 miles a week.  If you feel a lot of irritation, I would cut back on the distances you walk.  Try and find a point where you can still walk regularly without discomfort for a bit of time. 
    • Posted

It's not like I feel any discomfort, I just worry if movement can stop if from healing...
  • Posted

Hi

Just wondering if hydro had any impact on your fertility prior to op? I am going for op soon and trying to understand if hydro impact male fertility.

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.