Please help lexapro

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last week I feel like my lexapro isn't working my depression has me on the couch every day and at night is when I feel a little ok ... My dr wants to add welburuin to my 20 mgs of lexapro but I'm scared of the side effects and also that it won't work can anyone tell me if they have any experience with this my name is Kim

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have not taken lexapro with welburuin myself but I have reading a Ton on The internet about lexapro and adding welburuin seems pretty common.
    • Posted

Thank you I'm just so scared I've been going thru this for years for years meds work then they just stop I'm 33 and just want to feel better I feel so bad for my fiancé I feel like I'm letting him down which makes me feel worse
    • Posted

I understand. I feel like I'm letting a lot of people down. I have only been on Lexapro for a month and it's just starting to work. I think it can be very hard to go from thinking "It's just stress I have to get thru it", to "This is too much I'm calling out sick" to "Ok depression and anxiety like I have are Nit normal, I have ab actual medical problem". That's a hard latter to climb. I bet you were scared when you first starting taki g Lexapro right? I know I was.
    • Posted

I was and all I can think was hey it worked for my mom it could work for me right but adding a new med is freaking me out I don't want to start with the side effects and the God forbid scary thoughts I just moved and I have a whole apt to unpack and I'm doing it little by little with my fiancé but I feel so much pressure for my depression I guess maybe the new med will help and if it doesn't I can stop it ... What have you been thru which meds do you take ?
    • Posted

Lexapro is my first med like this. I have avoided my issues until they peeked and I ended up in the hospital for three days. Then when I started Lexapro that first week wad SO bad that I reached the end of the internet reading up. There are tons of forums and good people out there that will tell you their experiences , encourage you and the like. Inwould research it and likely gove it a try.
  • Posted

If it's not too late I just wanted to tell you to go off the Lexapro very slowly

or you can get "discontinuation syndrom" which is not a lot of fun!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.