diabetic neropathy

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had neropathy for 4 to 5 years now. i was put on gabapentin at first start. it did fine for some years and the pain and burning finally got worst, it was like i wasnt taking the drug any longer. i came off it and over a year time the burning and pain went to a minium. i went back to work and was doing good then feet started burning again and hurting. i went to my doctor and he put me back on the drug. now going on one month taking it the pain and burning is worst and it has started back in my hands. can the drug cause this

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm afraid I don't know the answer. You need to ask health professionals. However I do know there are significant concerns about this drug. On 26th January there was an article regarding new research in America and issues and. Concerns and warnings. Not enough is known about the side effects. Sorry
  • Posted

There is no cure for Neuropathy gabpentin works on your nerves
  • Posted

I take Gaberpentin for nerve pain which i have in my knee that as been replaced twice. When i first started taking the drug it really helped, but now i have the pain again. There is no cure for neuropathic pain. Gaberpentin itself cannot cause nerve pain. Maybe you need to try something else. Go back to your GP and explain how things are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.