Allergic to Central Heating and heat

Posted , 2 users are following.

My face flushes and looks like an over rpoe strawberry every time I am exposed to central heating.  I do not tolerate summer humidity, either.  I am very fair skinned, a redhead/blonde.  Any ideas on why this is?  It is quite embarrasing at times!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am not trying to be mean, answers to this question should be by your Dr.

We as lay persons can help and provide ideas in the diabetic arena. Because we are familar with what works for us and maintaning our diabeties.

I do not tolerate humidity well either because I am allergic to mold in the air. Tested by a Dr with a lot of pin pricks when I was young.

• Posted

Do not understand why this discussion has found its way into your arena!

I am alaready undergoing tests for RBBB and am awaiting a total hip replacement, but RBBB has caused that to be cancelled.  

My thinking was that the two may be linked:  that is RBBB and hypersensitivity to central heating without any form of ventilation

will not bother ths forum again, it was not intended to end up here, anyway! comonn="" in="" the="" uk,="" thus="" removing="" the="" moisture="" content="" from="" the="" air!.="" will="" not="" bother="" ths="" forum="" again,="" it="" was="" not="" intended="" to="" end="" up="" here,="">

will not bother ths forum again, it was not intended to end up here, anyway!>

• Posted

Hello Susie,

​I am getting hot flushes which seem to be that my thyriod has become overactive sitting by my heater is awful and i also itch maybe you could ask your doctor for a thyriod blood test.

• Posted

Hi Kathleen:

A through medical work up was done prior to major surgery.  The optimal thyrod levels are between three and five.  Mine is 4.9 - borderline low.  GP wants another done shortly.  However, the cardiac problem and echocardigram appointment have called a halt to absolutely everything for the forseeable future.

Many thanks for your input.  Needless to say, I am absolutely miserable, as I have no idea what the cardioligist is looking for, or even if there is anything wrong!  Something else may have shown up, that my GP is not telling me about!

Kind regards,

Susie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.