Feeling very sleepy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I've been taking Gabapentin for 5 month and I feel very sleepy most of the time, when waking I don't feel as though I've had a good sleep even if its been an uninterupted 8 hr sleep, ... Does anyone else have a similar problem ?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

In the first week I had sleeps of 12 and 11.5 hours and still couldn't wake properly. I soon became very weepy and found out that gabapentin could also cause depression. I weaned myself off, but I still feel really low a week later
    • Posted

Thank you for your response Iris, how long were you on gabapentin for.
  • Posted

It was actually only 2 weeks, but a friend of mine was only taking them for five days and cried non-stop too. Another friend takes them for arthritis and has to take time off work...she feels such a mess. Read your info leaflet for side effects. Iris
  • Posted

Been on it for more than 6 months 300x9 a day good drug for pain i can sleep between 9-11 hours a day side effects sleepy loss of memory hearing and seeing things eye twitching

Feeling very sleepy is a main side effect of the drug I also take slow release tramadol twice a day

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I also take 5mg of Bisoprolol daily, the tiredness is getting to a point that I dont recognize myself anymore, Saw GP a couple of days ago now diagnosed with sleep apnea ?

• Posted

nothing abnormal...when I was on gabapentin...down to 100 mg once a day now....I slept 10 hours a night  woke up and was still tired....once i got up I was fine until about 3 hours into the day then I wanted to nap   Crazy....but stayed awake!!!!  lol...still on other med that makes me tired  but I am no way as bad when I was on both.....Make sure your dr knows
    • Posted

Cheers Rita, 2 or 3 hrs and ready for sleep again its mad.. saw GP couple of days ago he's refered me to a sleep clinic ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.