2 months without Gabby!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Welll its been two months now Gabby free..must say I am feeling better than I was two months ago.

​Question to anyone going thru this..I can understand the anxiety, nervousness, no sleep, headaches because this messes with your brain but why does it interfer with your stomach so much???

​Would appreciate any input to this..only problem I am having right now. Appetite is a little better but still have that upset, bloated feeling..not all the time but off and on.

Thanks. rolleyes

3 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I only took it for just under 3 weeks...slept 14 hours a day and cried for the rest of the day. I weaned myself off by Goid Friday....still crying a week later. One friend only took them for 5 days and cried non stop. Another friend is the same. I hope this goes away soon. Did you feel weepy/low mood?
    • Posted

Yes it does do that...I haven't had it happen to me....but it is a side effect   awful!!!!
    • Posted

I have dealt with it...been there done that! It really can mess with your emotions. You can read my post if you like, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I am just starting to wean off a little better, I hope you start feeling better too
    • Posted

YES its very possible, for me I am trying to stay positive but I can see the possibility of Post Traumatic Stress given the horrible experience I've had with it.
    • Posted

The facts for me are that I was only taking them for 2-3 weeks, been off for 1 week, and I'm an emotional wreck! I can't believe it!
    • Posted

I must say my appetite/sleep are fine now...I just feel very low/no enthusiasm
    • Posted

yes it can along with crying spells.....I would call your dr....I know no one wants to go back on it but maybe a little would help you and the taper off a little slower....I tapered off very slowly basically did ok until i got to 100mg every other day...lasted for 6 days then called dr......taking 100 mg once a day now and doing fine....we are gong to try again in mid april  now a litttle slower so my brain can adjust
    • Posted

I know exactly what your feeling, I was only taking this drug (300MG 1x daily) for two weeks when I decided I did not like it & felt like I NEEDED to get off it. My doc told me to just stop taking it,cold turkey...no taper. MISTAKE!! Within 48hrs of stopping I had horrible withdrawal like what you hear drug addicts speak of & had to go back on it immediately.

The second time I tried to stop I had terrifying anxiety & panic attacks. So now I'm still taking it & slowly reducing with less serious effects but my heart does race quite a bit. TAPERING OFF THIS DRUG IS CRUCIAL, it controls the nervous system so suddenly stopping causes you to be a nervous wreck literally.

BTW how many MG where you taking??

• Posted

Click on my name then scroll down to discussions there you will see different post of mine regarding Gabapentin
    • Posted

I started with 100mg x 3, then 200 x 3, then 300 x 3.....felt like a zombie......after 2 weeks tapered off.  I feel as if I gave no emotional strength
    • Posted

Nothing out of the normal....hang in there......thats all we can do
    • Posted

For me, it's a permanently low and flat feeling in the upper stomach, with very little enthusiasm......and tears
  • Posted

FACT: Bloating can be caused by impaired muscle function in the digestive tract. When muscles that normally move food along don’t work properly, gas can build up in the small intestines, causing bloating & stomach issues.

OPINION: Since we all know neurontin affects many things including muscles, I believe its possible your body still needs to adjust back to normal because your muscles that help prevent excess gas build up are still adjusting & probably not properly moving food as they were before. PLENTY of water can help excess gas & bloating so stay hydrated.

It has caused me disruption in my digestive tract, I feel like I am a balloon! I had a ultrasound of my stomach done (not related) & they could not even properly see certain areas due to the disruption of so much bowel gas. My stomach also makes loud gurgling noises at any given time,so annoying.

Hate to partially answer your question with an opinion but its all I got smile

• Posted

Thank you..that does explain a lot..scary how it affects your whole body..

​I just am taking one day at a time..thankful I have been sleeping better and the anxiety is gone. Even my chest hasn't hurt these past few days.

​Been exactly two months today that I had my last Gabby..never again. cry

• Posted

Have you tried the Epsom salt baths as natural detox to help push left behind toxins out? I've heard the magnesium your body absorbs with the Epsom salt helps with some side effects. I know ES helps your muscles in general. I have taken a few & I'm not experiencing near as bad muscle pains but I'm also tapering better.
    • Posted

Ok great, I am also looking into acupuncture because it can help with a wide array of problems & plan on getting a couple massages soon to release as much tension /stress possible to hopefully make it somewhat easier!
    • Posted

I had reflexology on Wednesday, reiki on Thursday and going for massage next Wed......I'm doing everything I can to lift my mood
    • Posted

Ok good to hear, I know it seems like its going to be never ending but all we can do is wait it out & try to find ways to help us along. I will start yoga as well & hopefully the combo with everything else will be some help.

The crying spells I had where so random for no apparent reason just balling til my eyes were puffy, not so bad anymore when taking Hydroxyzine.

I forgot to mention I was given a prescription for antihistamine (Hydroxyzine pomoate 25MG) at the ER and my primary doc refilled it for me yesterday. Its supposed to treat allergic reactions well but can also help with anxiety or panic attacks which is what they gave it to me for when I experienced a panic attack from withdrawal. So far it seems like it does help calm me & keep my heart from racing so bad. It also makes me drowsy sometimes & does help me sleep thankfully it has knocked out the insomnia. I was so nervous to take ANYTHING but I also was desperate & in total panic I gave in. The good thing about this is its not supposed to be addictive like most meds that help with mood. They tried putting me on lorazepam which I think might of helped but I already knew that stuff is highly addictive!!

• Posted

Hi you're doing Iris? Just want to know if the side effects went away. I only took this medication for 5 days and stopped because it made my hands shake badly, but everything is worse now since I stopped. I wake up with my heart racing so much I think I'm going to die, and my hands are still shaking and now my skin feels like is crawling. It's been a week and a half since I stopped and and want to feel good again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.