Would You Like to Share Anything That has Helped You At Home?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone had any luck finding something we can all do at home that has been helpful to you?

For example, I love taking a really hot bath with Epsom Salts and draping a  really hot towel  over my FS. For me that helps a little with the pain. Is there anything that helps you that we can all try at home?  Or Tigers Balm? Or?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The thing I have found most helpful is a TENS machine. I would recommend you give one a go Jenn.
  • Posted

Hi jenn

For me , the saviour has been my trustee hot water bottle, although I must admit it did tend to go cold on me in the middle of the night!!! So my husband bought me a heat mat which you can sleep on which was great. I agree with Teresa the TENS machine is a life saver throughout the day. Other than that I relied on paracetamol and ibuprfen (together with the Tens), when the pain was intense 😳 . Oh I did also start taking magnesium and tumeric capsules for bone strength and anti inflammatory .

I'm pleased to report that the pain is subsiding , so I may now be "frozen", although I have stated this before several weeks ago and then took a painful set back , so watch this space. Wishing us all speedy recoveries x

• Posted

Cindy - I use a heated mattress pad too, mostly because of winters

here, but it was great for long hard nights of pain too. I'd make the circuit to the couch, recliner chair, guest room, and computer (including this forum!) and then back into my warm bed...

• Posted

Yay! Cindy, 

the pain is subsiding a bit? That's GREAT! 

• Posted

Try taking supplements of Black Cohosh daily, some Vitamin E, and Evening Primrose .

I am not a pill popper, and have suffered for nearly a year, nothing has helped, but I am now firmly convinced this condition is triggered by estrogen/hormone changes. Hormones affect soft tissue in your body. And within 3 days of beginning these supplements, which act similarly to hormones, my pain has subsided from : barely able to get dressed, basically stopping my life as I knew it just to cope with the pain, tearfully crying myself to sleep to, Oh yeah I forgot I still can't put my bra on easily but otherwise I can forget abt it most of the time

• Posted

Hmm, I will check out your suggesiton and pick up some of those pills.  Thank you. SO glad that worked for you Studiobaron! Glad you are doing better.

Interesting that no one factors our age and possible hormone connection into FS, isn't it. 

I think unsweetened tart cherry juice and also in additionm I'm taking tart cherry pills . It has seemed to help just a little with the inflamation, better than anything else so far.  Sure you are likt the rest of us and get so sick of pills, but can't help but to take something with is challanging condition.  Without cherry products and Norcos, I couldn't function. 

• Posted

Thank you Jenn , I will keep you updated,

That's interesting Sudiobaron , that combo of vitamins certainly worked quickly, I also believe this condition is down to hormones, I'm 48 and have memopausal symptoms!! , as you can see ive tried different combos with similar results. I'm no longer in constant "toothache hell", which is a relief.. I still can't do up my bra or shave my armpit but I can function throughout my day, the nights .... I still do not sleep for more than 4 hours and once I wake im tossing and turning trying to get comfy but again this is a blessing compared to 3 weeks ago ..,

I find it interesting that we all seem to find what works for us, the one true correlation is TIME as this condition will not be rushed the stages need to worked through, and we all work through them the best way we can.. I am pleased you are also near the end of your journey studiobaron.

• Posted

I am going through my second round with this condition. The first was in my dominant left shoulder which took about 3 years to fully recover. Now it's in my right one, and it sucks. Heat is the key IMHO. Hot baths like you're doing, warm packs, jacuzzi therapy is great, and I also use Capzaison HP cream. It burns pretty good at first, but it does the job. Massage therapy also really helps. I used a TENS unit back when I had it in my left side, but I misused it out of anger and frustration, so it only made it worse. I placed the pads directly over the inflamed capsule and tried to blast the FS away by cranking it up hard. It didn't work, so I don't recommend that. Used correctly though, it might help. None of these methods will cure this thing, only time will do that, but they can make it feel better and temporarily improve range. Also, when sleeping, I find placing a pillow under the affected upper arm helps by keeping more of a 45 degree angle, and for some reason that helps. I doubt I told you anything new, but that's the stuff I've done and continue to do on a daily basis. My goal is to beat this thing in 18 months instead of the 3 years it took the last time I had it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.