just starting on 20mg

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am on my 2nd day and feel awful I take it in the morning and it totaly knocks me off my feet I've had to just lie on the bed allday have no energy what so ever someone pls help I feel like not taking anymore

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You will get better. I was dreadful for the first four weeks.
    • Posted

Oh my 4weeks sound such a lomg time hope your better on them now and was it worth going few them 4 weeks
  • Posted

The knocked out feeling should go away after a couple of weeks. You honestly just have to give it time. I'm on the 9th day of taking 20mg and can still somewhat feel the drowsiness. Other then that there are no other side effects. You gotta force yourself to get moving. Go for a walk or just try to do anything active. It acts on every person differently. If you still feel like you can't do anything after a couple more days try taking it at night for a while and see how that works.
    • Posted

Thank you so much think my anxiety was getting worse there because when I took it thus morning my mind just went dead like hollow and everything seemed to move slow
    • Posted

That's kind of how it is feels for me too. As I said just have to give it time. We are kind of in the same boat I've only been taking it 7 more days then you. The feeling of being slowed down is a good sign. keep posting on here how you are feeling each day as will I. It's good to have feedback and support from people dealing with the same situation.
    • Posted

Just make sure you never EVER miss a dose of taking your medicine. Take it everyday even if u don't feel like it. It has to be consistent or it can really mess you up
    • Posted

Thank you so much great to have friends here to help
    • Posted

Yes will post on here daily cause it helps me to now its normal or ill start panicking again
    • Posted

Just can't believe I've just sat in bed all day really hope I can get up tomorrow
  • Posted

Stick with it. It does get better. I am on day 58 of Prozac and about 5 weeks at 20mg and am finally starting to feel like myself. Exercise is good and drink lots of water and sleep.
    • Posted

Horrible. I started at 5mg then increased to 10mg and then 20mg. It does take a long time to feel better.
  • Posted

I was put on 20mg straight away. Im in US. First 3 wks were horrible. Im being honest an this way you know from me an other posters what to probably expect. Now everyone responds different to antidepressants. My depression increased. Crying, sad all time. Then anxiety increased. I had to leave house several times a day an go cry somewhere so my kids wouldn't see their Mother freaking out crying. It was almost like a release. It was the worse startup side effects Iv had from an antidepressant. Iv tried 3 others. Unfortunately, after 6 wks (by then side effects had started to calm down a bit. The mental ones!) I had to stop the Fluoxetin. It was making me physically ill. Severe diaherra. Lost 10lbs. Severe stomach an liver area pain. Upper back pain especially on rt side. I do not have my gallbladder. Had it removed a yr ago. Joint pain like hot poker. I couldn't take it anymore an quit Feb 20. Fluoxetin has a half life of 16 days which means after 16 days half the drug still in your system. Around the 16th day or 20th day I started having withdrawls. I didn't taper off. I just stopped. Physical pain was to much. So around 20th day of stopping is when some withdrawls hit me. Dizzy, headache, sluggish, zaps, flu like symptoms. I think its out of me now. Don't know what to try now. Iv tried Zoloft (made me sick to) Lexapro (gained wt, ate all time, sleepy ALL the time) an Cymbalta (no startup side effects! An it did help with pain of fibromyalgia! My blood pressure went up on it) I might get on it again. The Fluoxetin has been the worse startup side effects for me. Just try to keep busy or listen to music, exercise even though your sluggish. Get in a routine. Goodluck!

• Posted

Thank you for your feed back looks like I got a long way to go hope there's a light somewhere hoping you find it too I trying to work out wether feeling drowsy allday is better then the panic attacks but feeling very paranoid right now if any of my family come in room I get a hot flush and have to escape to another room

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.