Been on 15 mg of cipralex for 6 months or longer, seems to not be working well all of the sudden

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on Cipralex 15 Mg for 6 months or longer, was doing really well up until about a week ago when I had my period. My family doc wanted me to reduce from 15 to 10Mg and add a mood stabilizer at night... took a very long time for me to decide on taking g an anti depressant , do not want to add more meds , I have small kids and need to function . Pharmacist says it's the lowest dose that he can give me of 25 Mg but not Interested In taking this. Tried to reduce to 10Mg and ended up so dizzy and nauseated it reAlly wasn't worth it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You can do it but very slowly. You need to reduce by abou 1-1.5 mgs for every ten days. You will feel dizzy a bit during the 10 days but then it will stop. Unfortunately every time you go down you could feel dizzy but this is nothing compared to going off too fast. you can cut your pills with a razor or see if it comes in liquid form.

best of luck

• Posted

I am 46 year old female so my Dr thinks the anxiety luck up that's going on is hormones .either way the 15 Mg was working and very well..
    • Posted

I wonder why your Dr thinks you need a mood stabilizer? Just because you had a period??!! Are you in menopause? You might try getting hormones tested. I did, by saliva, an showed low on progesterone an estrogens. So started Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy with a compounding pharmacist who makes exactly what I need not a one pill fits all hormone pill. I get vaginal suppositories. I would question that Dr on the new med. Why? Why didnt he just up the Lexapro to 20mg then instead od adding another?
    • Posted

I'm not really sure , haven't started the new mood stabilizer and likely won't going to ask him to up the Cipralex tried 20 mg before and it seemed like to much but might not be now...
  • Posted

ok so i went to see my doc the other day, he has reduced my dosage to 10 mg of cipralex as 15 was too much hence all the issues i was having, He also prescribed clonazepam .25 mg so the side effects would be managable for me as after 2 days off of the cip it was unreal for me dizzy and very sick to my stomache...not sure alot of this wasnt anxiety kicking up... for now the clonazepam seems to be helping me i have felt more myself than i have in days..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.