Dolphinea

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive had globus sensation for 2years now.I feel like there's phlegm iin my throat cough always trying to clear my throat.I also have shortness of breadth and wheeze sometimes feel like I'm going to choke I've tried speech therapy that doesn't work only thing that helps little is to suck on throaties I also suffer with anxiety which makes it worse I wish they would find cures 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi there,

Just sent a reply to a sufferer. Like yourself my globus started last year. Mine's on the right side.Ihad all your symptoms. Went to the dr and all my tests were negative.

When I am in the shower i let the warm water run through my throat.

Some suggests accupuncture known as "plum pit qi".never tried it yet.

Others think it is the vagus nerve that's been stressed.

I had all the gerd/lpr symptoms of burping 30+ a day, had one episode of apnea,traces of blood in my spit, coughs without pleghms,shortness of breath to name a few.

I made peace with myself and told  myself that everything will be fine.I prayed  a lot or any spirituality you can practice like meditation or yoga can truly help you.

I used to drink apple cider vinegar with honey in the morning. St. John's wort for the nerves and probiotics.

I still get it every now and then but I've noticed that it's worse when I am tensed stressed and anxious.

So try not to worry to much.

• Posted

I agree with 1 diamond owl. 

The more you worry the worse it is & being tired makes it really bad. 

I have recently started working on loving myself & cutting myself some slack,  by not criticizing myself & others so much.

Listen to your self talk & you may find yourself beating yourself up for this and that. It all goes back, way back. Did you have a parent or sibling or anyone when you were young that told you that you were stupid, fat, or just anything negative that you are now telling yourself over & over. 

Once you you start to lighten up on yourself & tell yourself that you are fine just the way you are, you'll find things start to change. 

This is does not happen overnight & it can be really tough that you find yourself thinking this doesn't work. Stick with it. 

I have been doing this for 3 months now & Im starting to believe that I am a wonderful person. This ease's the anxiety. As I said, it's not an overnight fix & all you want is for this to go away. I have had Globus/reflux for about 18 months & I want mine gone too- however, I believe that patience will win the war. 

You really are a wonderful person too - just try it, be patient, don't give up & I believe that we'll get there. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.