How long till my menses return?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies

I had an open myomectomy with a vertical midline incision 9 weeks ago. I had no bleeding directly post op and have not seen my menses yet.

How were you ladies post op? How long did it take for periods to start again? Oh i did take Esmya for 3 months before my surgery.

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Mine returned 1 month after open myomectomy. I was told to expect the first couple of  periods after open myomectomy to be heavy and that things would settle. My first one was very heavy, my second one very light.

I did not take Esmya as my consultant does not recommend as smaller fibroids can dissapear before sugery and then reappear later, also my largest fibroid was around 8cm. I had 32 fibroids removed in total with minimal blood loss as the surgeon is very experienced, (best for Open Myomectomy in the UK) and uses Transexamic acid and other medication to minimise blood loss during surgery.

Dont worry I am sure it will come soon, usually periods return up to 3 months after you stop taking Esyma or Zoladex.

• Posted

Hi

Oh my that was an awful lot of fibroids u had! I had 7 fibroids removed the biggest was 18cms. That whopper was attached to my uterine blood supply as well so i lost 2 litres of blood during surgery😳 so unfortunately i still have some 'seedlings' in there which they will monitor.

Guess i jus gotta be patient and wait.😊

Thanks

• Posted

Hi there

Mine waa 6 years ago from memory mine returned pretty much straight away but I wasn't on esyma I had injections to shrink my fibroid post op though.

I was pretty good aftee op felt lighter, was back on my feet in no time most paun waa from staples they used to stick me back up.

J

• Posted

Hi

Yeah them staples really suck! My wound still quite stingy n sensitive. I watched a video on youtube yesterday by a Dermatologist who recommended rubbing vaseline or cream for 15-30secs into the wound with some pressure 2-3 times a day to reduce the overgrowth of the scar so am i started doing that yesterday.

Have u had any fibroids grow back?

Thanks for responding😊

• Posted

I had my opp in December after taking one dose of zoladex 10.8 I am still waiting for my period to return. It stopped in September. I get period nearly everyday but yet no sign.
    • Posted

Hi

Wow thats a really long time! Have u been back to your surgeon or doctor about it?

• Posted

Been to doctor. They say sometimes it can take a while for ur period to return. Still getting Ho flushes and mood swings. It's a eating game but very annoying.
    • Posted

Key pad playing up on phone.

Meant to say waiting game

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.