Fibristal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

I've just been told that I have a very large fibroid and was given the option of surgery or trying these new pills called fibristal. I took one pill before reading the pamphlet which says to take your first pill within 7 first days of your menstrual cycle so I made a mistake there just wondering if that is really a big deal if anyone has had this experience because the next two days after I had really bad stomach pains and very tight feeling in my abdomen and very light bleeding. I want to do something about my fibroid because first of all I became extremely bloated secondly having very very heavy periods and thirdly painful intercourse. Has anyone else experienced very painful intercourse and have you been able to resume a normal sex life after your fibroids shrunk or you had them removed? I'm new to all this and I'm very scared. I would love to hear your experiences and your advice. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Best to speak to your Doctor or Consultant who prescribed the Fibristal to you about the timing of taking your pill and the symptons you experienced after 2 days.

The other symptons you mention about fibroids causing heavy periods, bloating and painful intercourse are common. I had surgery to remove 32 fibroids 3 months ago and feel much better. See how you get along on the tablets, they are usually prescribed for 3 months to shrink fibroids and make a decision about whether you want to go for surgery or not. Conduct research on all your treatment options. 

I went for open myomectomy surgery as I had suffered with fibroids for 13 years and it was the best decision as I now have a great quality of life.

• Posted

Hi Jackie

Can't help you on the fibristal as never heard of that. I have had a myomectomy 6 years ago after discovering a 13cm x 11cm fibroid causing me heavy periods, bloatednes etc. Recovery waa good, period were hardly anything afterwards and I felt so light.

I am sure 1 tablet won't do too much harm. But check with your consultant or GP.

Regards

• Posted

Hello Jackie, Fibristal is the same as Esmya, so you can read the various posts about it on this forum too. I don't think the one tablet would have any effect or caused a problem, I would just start again as advised. 

I don't have a big problem with intercourse, other than always worrying that I am bleeding or that it will initiate bleeding, which sometimes happens, I think it all depends on the size and position of the fibroids. Some people have a problem with constipation, or difficulty urinating. 

I hope the Fibristal works for you and you can tolerate it.

• Posted

Hello Jackie,

Could you share your experience with fibristal? Mostly, did you see any shrinkgage in size and volume? How many courses did you have to take? I am a week into my first course and so far so good - I have no noticeable side effects.

Thanks for sharing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.