Esyma Headaches

Posted , 6 users are following.

Goodness me anyone experienced severe headaches?. I am really suffering it's over my eyes and head. Do they subside? ?

This esyma is certinley putting me through some side effects.

I am ridiculously tired to the point I can't open my eyes properly! !

J

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi jammyjan , I feel for u . I also suffered with very bad headaches . It does get better I'm on my third pack of Esyma . I due to have a hysterectomy on the 3 if may . Hang in there . Also I used to take my tablets during the day but a very kind lady told me to try taking them at night and it really help . Hope this help .
    • Posted

Yes I've thought about delaying the med till later to combat the tiredness too. Today I've been headache free thankfully.

I am.hopeful the effects will subside in time.

Wishing you the besy fir the hysterectomy.I'm still deciding on hysterectomy.

Regards

• Posted

Hi  Yes, the headache are hard to take at first but do subside and the initial tiredness goes and come back every on often.  I recommend a bit more rest.

I have taken 2 courses of Esyma  and just had results of my scan and my fiibroid has halved in size.  I am estatic.  The first period after coming off Esyma is light but shall see what it is like in the next coming months. Consultant wants to see me in 6 months time to see how its going. I have been on a complete health drive for 5 months and this  is an incentive to keep going.

Keep going!!

• Posted

Wow impressed with the shrinkage !!!

What health drive you doing?

Fingers crossed the periods stay light!!

I was thinking of quitting yesterday as felt shocking!!

J

• Posted

Thank u . I'm hoping that I get back to normal again forgot that feeling it's being a while . Just keep going with the Esmya . I took it from the second month at night and what a difference , don't get me wrong I also had days where I was tired but I just rested . Good luck . 😀
    • Posted

Hi

I exercise everyday.  I do a Leslie Sansome  2 miles  walking DVD so doing 10 miles a week!!! Last year I was so anaemic I struggled to get out of bed so this is like rebelling against my fibroid which has caused so many issues.  I have eaten more healthy - do the clean living trend with Ella Woodward, Hiugh Whittinghell etc - more veg less meat, 

I fell alot better.  There is no way knowing if it will grow back but I going do everything in my power to helpfully stop it.  I love having my life back.

Take care!

• Posted

Hi, yes I also take Esmya at night, doesn't seem to affect me then. I am just starting my 3rd month of the 3rd course, hardly having any side effects now, haven't had a headache in weeks, even the hot flushes and sweats are less frequent. My fibroids haven't really shrunk a lot, but there is definitely some difference, and the bleeding has stopped completely -  apart from a blip when I travelled by plane last week, but this I think is due to the change in pressure. It wasn't too bad, like a light period for 3 days, not like the flooding I used to get from the fibroids. 

So do hang in there, the positive effects can definitely outweigh the negatives!

• Posted

Thanks Christine

Hopeful it will subside in time and I will be back to myself.

Will def enjoy period free time!!

J

• Posted

Yes, I also experience tiredness to the point that my eyes burn and I cannot keep them open. But I guess - if the Esmya is doing its job - that the body is also working hard, and so I try to rest more... 
    • Posted

Yes anna my eyes burn too, yesterday was the only day I didn't seem so fatigued.

I hope it's the side effects easing.

Let's hope your right and it's shrinking away.

J

• Posted

Hi Jammyjan- How are you doing now? I just started the Esmya. on my 3rd day. I take it at night as well, as I learned that from this site. My belly so swollen I am bed ridden. Can only get up to go to the bathroom. Sooooo boring being on bed rest. Reading books , watching movies , but it is lonely being this isolated. I have heard of some women feeling a little better after a few weeks , at least with the swollen belly and squished bladder. I also feel tired, but I would not think its from the medication after only 3 days ? I would like to know how it worked out for you?
    • Posted

Hi Iris

​Sorry I forgot my password and have been major busy. I finsiehd ESyma about 8 weeks ago, didnt get my period for a while but when it came it came, have had a scan and it did shrink (not much unfortunatley) am awaiting an appt with cons again to follow up. Got used to having no period which was lovely but still not cnvinced on Hysto. I felt quite down for a good few weeks with Esyma really fed up I was a bit worried but thankfully those symptoms passed as did the headaches and tiredness and  got used to it and felt great not having those ridiicolurs peroids! Hoping you start to feel betetr soon. J

• Posted

Hi,

Thamks for letting me know how it went for  you. Bummer that you did not get much shrinkage though, I have learned that there is 2 measurements with fibroids : Volume and CM. So hopefully you had some volume shrinkage , even if the CM. was not much lower. Are you going to do another round of the Esmya after you have a period? I have heard that it is approved for several 3 month rounds, and each time the fibroids will shrink even more. I did the Lupron treatment 2 years ago , it shrunk fibroids by 50%. But, they gre back even worse within 9 months. Bad side effects too, worse than esmya for some. I am supposed to have one last period ( i thought ) but on day 32 and nothing yet. Just so they swollen I am bed ridden, and soooo bored lying around. Praying that they start to shrink soon. Also , recent studies have shown better results taking 10mg a day of the esmya. I know its exspensive. I have to buy a 30 mg pill ( sold in the USA as a " Morning after pill to prevent pregnancy)  So I have to pay $67 US dollars for one pill and then cut it up into qaurters. So I am getting 7.5 mg dosage per day. The studies have shown twice the amount of shrinkage on the higher dose. I have been feeling tearful also , so thanks for letting me know it will pass, Take care, please keep me posted on your progress. Peace, Iris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.