An update for all of you that have supported me through the dark times...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi to you all, I just wanted to share with you ( some good news), I believe I am coming through this awful condition that has effected us all. I wanted to say hang in there, as there is light at the end of the tunnel. I believe I am now "frozen", the pain has diminished, I have needed no pain relief for around 7 days now πŸ˜„ and I'm utterly beside myself with relief!!! I still have limited ROM; can not shave under my arm ; do my bra up etc but hey; I can contend with that after everything else this awful condition bought with it. I have no idea how long the next stage will last but I will keep you all informed... Thanks to you all for your support , I wish you all a speedy recovery ,

Cindy x

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

So good to hear, Cindy! I am just a few months ahead of where you are at I think, so you've got some good days to look forward to.

Being able to sleep & having pain relief make all the difference. I tried shaving but got a nasty burn - so go easy on that one! I picked a tile on the wall and like to compare my ROM to it every now and then, and see progress bit by bit. And I am intentional about using my FS arm as "normally" as I can, in my mind at least, if not in reality...like practising moving it when I walk.

The support here is great for sure!

Liane

• Posted

Thank you liane . Yes the support has been amazing. I have never been on a forum before and I stumbled a long here by accident whilst trying to research as much as I could about FS, it has been a life saver; because no one really understands th pain unless they have been through this.

I will take your advice on the tile thing. Wishing you well.

Cindy

• Posted

Hi,

Β Β Great to hear positive results. I'm 3 months since I injuried my shoulder + after lengthy physio + cortisone inj I am at the end of my tether. Have now attended my Chiro who is very gentle + I've known her for years. Found my shoulder is out of alignment so started treatment 2 days ago. No exercise or anything with this arm at present. Will keep you posted how it goes.Β 

Β 

• Posted

Thank you and good luck with the Chiro and the alignment,hope all goes well. Take care . Cindy
  • Posted

Yay Cindy! Soooo happy for you. Continue to be well Cindy. Best wishes. Isn't it a dream to be able to do our bra straps normally without some inventive trick to put it on? haha

Yay! So glad for you. Keep us posted please.Β 

• Posted

Thank you so much Jenn

Like us all ; there have been times when I have wandered if this will ever end; so that's why I wanted to report that IT does and IT will , there are no guarantees of when, and there are no definitive answers on how best to manage the condition; we all manage the best we can. Hang on in there people ; we all will become "normal" again 😜. I to ( one day soonish); will be able to once again do up my bra and shave my armpits !! Hooray 😘

• Posted

Hi Cindy, I've been in the (frozen ) stage since January. No pain except in the morning, stiffness. Both of my shoulders are Frozen. Good luck and keep us updated. I want to know what the 3rd stage feels like.
    • Posted

So glad to hear you are pain free; how on earth does anyone cope with frozen shoulder in both arms ?? The thought of it happening again in my other arm is enough to give me nightmares but having it at the same time in both arms πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š. Wishing you well x
    • Posted

It's been tough considering they both happened at the same time. FS makes me very tired. Even now in the frozen stage just want to sleep. No meds. Think body tells us it needs to heal.

• Posted

Hooray !!! For you Cindy!! So good to hear there is light at the end of the tunne

Lissette, how are you managing with both shoulders afflicted???

I am 6 months post op on my left and 5 months into FS in my right.

I am so beyond my breaking point, I don't know what to do.

• Posted

Thankyou Karen, but so sorry to hear you are going through this awful condition again, like I just replied to lizette, it's the thought that keeps me from a peaceful night sleep ; thinking it will appear in my left arm too.. I'm lost for words to ease your pain and frustration, but we are here for you to rant to whenever you feel the need. X
    • Posted

Karen. Get plenty of rest. Vitamin B, plenty of water and a Tens for pain. Xoxoxo
    • Posted

Thanks so much Cindy and Lissette ! After my first surgery , I said never again.

Yet here I am ....doctor told me this shoulder is worse then the first.

I really don't want to do surgery but I don't think I can go thru this for another 6-8months

And that seems best case for the non surgery timeline. Sorry.... whining here.

I would like to ask where does everyone place the tens ?? I have one from my back injury but have not tried it on my shoulder.

• Posted

Hello Karen. I place two pads on the back of my shoulder and two at the front. Please try it, it does help.
    • Posted

Hi Karen

I moved my pads to wherever the pain was at the time; but mainly x2 on my shoulder blade and x2 on my forearm , it definitely helped me too

• Posted

Awesome ! Thank you Teresa and Cindy !! Gonna give it a try now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.