what is this on my eye?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've had this raised growth on my eye for years. Recently it feels like it has been pulsating or twitching. 

Does anyone know what it might be?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry you have that. It doesn't look like it feels too good, that's for sure. Maybe it's Pinguecula?
    • Posted

It's no problem! Try to wear sunglasses. UV rays are a big factor in getting those. smile
    • Posted

Hi I had a small growth on top of my eyelid it got bigger but did not hurt. I was referred to a eye doctor and it was a wart which they burnt off with a small laser pen. It didn't hurt and have not had one since. Hope this helps. It just appeared when my eye was swollen one morning had it for about six months before I could see a consultant 😜
  • Posted

It may be nothing, but if it has started to twitch and pulsate it is best you see an eye doctor.

If you feel this is not 'cnstructive' feedback, then you misunderstand the purpose of these forums. Some of us have a lot of experience with different ailments and if we suggest you "see someone who does" know what this is, that too comes from experience.

You can rarely receive a final diagnosis onlne.

And eyes, especially, are not to be meddled with.

Angry feedback can put off well-meaning people who may have a lot to offer and are speaking out of their concern, however blunt.

• Posted

Yes, but I'm pretty sure he's going to try to see a doctor, either way. Maybe she was right about it, duh. But she didn't have to put it that way. You're right. It may be nothing, it may be something, and eye problems are major. They should be looked into.
    • Posted

I came here to get ideas on what it might be, not for someone to tell me to go see a doctor. That is the point of this platform is it not? 
    • Posted

The point of this platform is to get any kind of help that's going. It may not always please you, but there it is.

You'll get your "ideas on what it might be", too. For sure, anyone who recognises these symptoms will come to help as well. One set of feedback is not going to push out the others.

But instead of being upset, how about being a little grateful that anyone even bothers?

• Posted

Hi,Doctors dont always know or give the right advice so yes maybe someone on here has the same issue and has found n answer through someone elses experiance. I hope you find out what it is no matter be it doctor or someone in here.
  • Posted

Eyes are so precious this should be seen by a doctor. Dont mess with your eyes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.