Seeing a tiny black dot just recently

Posted , 4 users are following.

At first I thought there was a gnat flying around me but turned out its what Im seeing. It looks like a gnat; a tiny black dot that flies in front of me or whichever my eyes are going. Is this something i need to be really concerned or alarmed about?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would go to opticians for a check, certainly if you get more than one floater, i had the same and it turned out to be retina tares :-(
  • Posted

Just wondering... 

Does it stay right in front of your eyes and move exactly as your eye does, completely in your line of vision?

Or does it zip slightly further than your line of vision, so it's slightly to one side, and move a little faster than your natural eye movement....? as if your eye movement makes it slide but then it keeps on sliding just a tad beyond when you stop moving the eye?

In my lifetime of floaters, I think that's a clear marker, as if it's sttled on/in the film of your eye and has a movement slighty out of sync with your eye....

Am I making sense?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.