amlodipine side effects

Posted , 8 users are following.

has anyone suffered hair loss while taking amlodipine

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Joanne and Jenny  this drug must be a real bad one  read lots of horror stories about it may be the doctors shloud be looking at alternative medication!
    • Posted

got to visit doctors later today on amlodipine for 9 weeks past few hair falling out
  • Posted

Can't answer that one as I've had a lack of hair since I was about 40 and being male is not such a concern as the ladies!   I'm now 75 and have been on Amlodipine for 15 years without any 'problems' and my BP is under control.  Millions have been prescribed Amlodipine over the years and it's a very small precentage that have 'problems'  Sometimes I think most of them are here!  Reading the data sheets in the box can be a danger to your health!
  • Posted

Yes I did but thought it was levothyroxine, yet now stopped amlodipine and hair much thicker after 2 months.
  • Posted

My hair started  coming out in handfuls 3 days after I started 10 mg. of amlodipine prescribed in hospital to bring down blood pressure. I also had swelling of ankles and feet. Everyone said don't stop taking until you see your doc. She was away. By the time I saw her 2 weeks later I have hardly any hair left. What I do have is dry and lifeless. My doc said I should have stopped it right away. I'm on 2 mg. Coversyl now and have no side effects and BP is normal. Apparently, amlodipine is not prescribed for humans in Sweden & Denmark. 

• Posted

Why O why does this rumour persist that it's banned?   'Apparently' is not evidence.  Try a search for European Medicines Agency and you will find its used throughout Europe.  Please don't quote that a forum somewhere is gospel!  Do you honestly think if other countries around the world such as the US and the UK would still prescribe it?

• Posted

Forget to add I'm on 5 mg Amlodipine and have been for 16 years and I have no side effects and my BP is normal!!  

We are all different - horses for courses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.