Post embolization weight loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have the procedure 1 month ago. I've had no pain really the entire time. Took aleve from surgery on for inflammation. So seems like I had it easy. Before surgery, I worked out and ate well. Gained 15 lbs. post surgery I lost 5, but nothing more. Has anyone else experience this? I cut out all sugar and carbs for 3 weeks no change. Is my body still adjusting? If so when did you see results? Thanks in advance.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would be interested in any responses as I will be having my op this Monday, and am going on hols in September so would like some weight loss!!
  • Posted

Hi,

I started losing a bit of weight almost straight away, probably due to sleeping a lot and not having much of an apoetite. After 3 months I had lost 10 pounds and that has remained stable.

I have seen other women post that they haven't lost much weight or they've gained. Everyone seems to react differently.

• Posted

Hello,

I don't measure by pounds but in inches lost.  I had my UFE mid-January and lost close to 2 inches around the widest part of my waist by the end of February. However I measured again a few days ago, I've gained an inch.  I've been working out and I also did the low-carb diet but I'm thinking that for the first 4 - 6 months that things will continue to be in flux but will hopefully even out soon. 

Good luck.  If it'll help you, I'll continue to post what happens as I'm a couple of months ahead of you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.