Helps 11.25 mg Mirtazapine against anxiety?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, i am from Holland and found this forum.

I am suffering from anxiety en tried many adds, nothing helps, i was going sky high.

Now i am taking Mirtazapine and have tried it in diferent doses.

30 mg was too much and 15 mg too, i would sleeping al day.

And 15 mg makes me angry en depressive.

Now i am on 7.50 mg and my sleep is good but after one hour the anxiety comes back and i can do nothing, have diazepam four times a day 5 mg.

Is there someone who takes 11.25 mg that helpes against anxiety?

I have been dealing with it for 4 years now.

Thank you very much.

4 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Welcome Karin

Your medication does not seem to be working

Go back to your doctor and get your medication reviewedcry

• Posted

Hello Lynne,

I have been back to my doctor and he has send me too a pdoc in 2015 because al of the ssri´s don´t work for me, i have tried four for more than 6 weeks and the only thing was that i flew high as a kite and went almost nuts.

My pdoc tried two ssri´s and also went nuts.

Mirtazapine is the only medicine i can cope with.

But it is not enough for the every day life.

So that´s why i asked here of there is someone with good results with 11.25 mg before i try it.

For now i will stick for a couple of days on 7.50 mg and see what that will do about two weeks.

Thanks for your answer Lynne, i appreciate that.

• Posted

Hi Karin,

I do not think altering the exact dose of mirt will help much.  I suggest you try staying on the mirt but ADDING an SSRI (eg sertraline) to help with the anxiety.

That works for me.

• Posted

Hello Oldboy,

Cipramil

I have tried Sertraline, Cipramil and Prozac, and none of them was very helpfull. I will stay on Mirtazapine, it works for awakening in the morning against anxiety.

The pdoc says that i maybe miss an enzym that breaks the medecine in the liver, so it build up and that results in more and more panic.

It´s a difficult issue what to do. I can use ssri´s but in a very low dose.

Nice to read that you found your mix.

And thanks for your answer.

• Posted

Hello,  I live in Canada and find this an excellent forum the main difference appears to be the health care systems.

I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, as well as bipolar disorder. I have been on Mirtazapine for several years for sleep (at least 10 years). HOWEVER Mirtazapine does not help my anxiexty.  I have been on a Benzodyazipine for anxiety and it works well for me (Clonazapan).  However, I would caution anyone  about starting on "Benzos" as they have side effects such as addiction. There's tons you can read on the internet. All that said I get scared  when think of trying to cope within benzo's.

Some things I'm trying are Mindfulness, CBT (Cognitive Behavorial Therapy), counseling, Guided Visualizations / CDs.  I wish you well and hope you find ways to put the anxiety to bed.

• Posted

Hello Karinsmile

Yes it is really an excellent forum.

I also was diagnosed with an anxietx disorder and after a couple of days they chanched it in an depressif order but i don´t think that i am depressif.

Sorry for my bad English, i hope that people understand what i meansmile

I have 20 years benzo´s, more or less. The next year i must swallow more of that stuff because of building up the ssri´s.

I came from 6 pills a day and now 4.

I now there are very addictif, i am addicted i no.

I have an appointment for CBT next month.

Thank you also for your answer.

• Posted

How are you now. I have mirtazapine and stll anxiety only controlled by benzodiazepines. Need to find a way forward.
  • Posted

Hi Karin,

Your English is quite understandable. You sound very knowledgable about benzodyazipines - they used to be prescribed without all the concerns that exist now. It still may be a drug that's used when nothing else works for anxiety.

I wish you well with the CBT, I think it's an excellent tool but, it's not instantous.

Sending positive thoughts your way, let us know what your pdr says -

• Posted

Hello Karin,

That´s fine that my English is understandablesmile

Yes i know what benzo´s are doing en that they are very addicted.

The pdoc have said in the past that if i can not cope with ad i must take benzo´s inplace.

But the mirt does something in the morning and evening when i am going to sleep, i don´t feel my heartbeat so hard as usual.

I have been only one time there and in al these years it´s the one who is listening, realy listening.

Thanks for your positive thoughts i´ll need themsmile I send them also to you.

I will let you know what the pdr have said.

Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

I take a benzodiazepine also. I take a .5mg and a .125 mg in the morning. I take klonopin.
    • Posted

Hello Tonia,

Are you also in withdrawal?

Or do you take it with the Mirt?

And how much of mirt are you taken if i may ask?

And is it also for anxietx?

A lot of questionssmile

• Posted

I'm not on mirt. My doc wanted me to take it. I've seen so many people have bad side effects and withdrawal from it and it stops working a lot. I feel like my body is already in withdrawal from the day my Paxil quit working on July 5. I was on .125mg of clonazepam for 10 years and now I take a.5mg and .125mg in the morning to control the heart palpitations.
    • Posted

Hello Tonia,

I did not know about the withdrawals before i was taken an ad.

As i had known about this before i never had taken een ad.

Paxil is very difficult to withdraw i have read, i wish for you that withdrawal is soon ending.

Before i was taken other adds and the Mirt i did it with oxazapam and diazepam but it was not enough for the anxiety in the morning or i must take more of these pills, so the dr prescriped ad and i was taken it because i could not live with the anxiety in the morning and the rest of the day, it was unbeareble.

The Mirt controls the heart palpitations in the morning en when i am going to bed.

So clonazepam is working good for you, that´s fine.

I wish you al the best and thanks for your answer.

• Posted

I am taken 7.5 mg Mirt in the evening and 10 mg  diazepam and 10 mg oxazepam in the morning and 5 mg diazepam in the afternoon.

This was more before the Mirt en less when i take 15 mg  of Mirt but i got depressiv from 15 mg Mirt

• Posted

No, even at 1mg in the morning I have heart palpitations with the clonazepam. Paxil is a devil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.