No Go With Orlistat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone I was on here last year on Orlistat and Lost one stone however I was unwell and came off it I just had a hystorectomy 13 weeks ago and joined Slimming World unfortunately I am loosing NO weight and utterly scunnard so decided to try the Orlistat (I had some left ) and Nothing is happening I even tried some fatty food and Nothing what do you think is going on thanks G x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Geraldine,

It is an accepted fact that the body becomes immune to the effects of Orlistat after a while.  A year is quite a short time for this to have happened but everyone is different.  It might be just a blip - persevere for a while and see if things improve.

• Posted

Hiya. It does take a good week to get into your system so give it time. X
  • Posted

Hi

like others have said it takes some time to get back into your system, but can i ask why you are starting back on these as like you i joined my local slimming world and have lost more weight since joining than i did being on these for about 2 years, if you are doing what club says then you will strart to loose the weight, everyone is diffrent, i have been at group for 21 weeks now and have lost 1,5st, {have lost more but for some reason started gaining} yes not much for that length of time BUT it is a loss, i do get anoyed that its not coming off faster but i have health isues that means im not mobile enough to be able to exercise, but hey its a loss

do what they sugest at sw and the weight will start to fall,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and ditch the tabs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.