How to come of lanzapesole or omepresole

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I been on Lans for ages... For heartburn.

Best way to come of them is to slowly do it.

Open up the capsule and take one grain out and then close again. And do that for a week.

Week two, open capsule and take 2 grains out.

Week 3 take 3 grains out.

Week 4 take 4 grains out.

Do this every week till you come of completely or at a very low dose holding the reflux or acid etc.

Your body will slowly ajust and does not notice.

If you have been on for a while worst thing is going cold turkey. Can does worse!!!!

Follow my way it's perfect.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good call there. I had been on 30mg Lansoprezole capsules for some time. Managed to drop to 15mg without to much bother so far it been a couple of weeks. May try your method once I'm off the pesky antibiotic for a sinus infection (two weeks of two different ones. Only seeing slight improvement with this lot but almost at end of course. Back to the quack I think).

Alll the best

• Posted

Hi.

Yeah try it taking a grain out a week, works great.

Weird that having a sinus infection as I have the very same thing. Been on loads of antibiotics, nose sprays etc. Started for no reason.

I reckon it has to do with lanzerpole I take. Even though I got my self down to a low dose I reckon it caused my sinus problems. Few people have said the same thing.

Just won't go.

• Posted

Wow

You just got me thinking. It was around mid Feb that I was put on the 30mg after 20mg Omeprazole was not cutting down the reflux. Come Mid March started to have very minor sinus/nasal issues but thought not much of it as I do have slight period of out of sync nose. Sinus ache and dry nose realy began to kick in first week of April. Now I vaugely remember having similar thing over 10 years ago after a stubborn chest infection getting antibiotics which upset my gut then it was on Omeprazole to clear that up. If you go to this page on here you see my sinus story so far https://patient.info/forums/discuss/sinus-problems-and-so-far-nothing-has-worked-507827. Anyhow I'll see how things are tomorrow and then its the weekend again and will have to wait till Monday if things don't improve.

Just got to keep fighting on eek

• Posted

After reading a few more stories of folk tappering there Lans/Omep I decided to try it. Basically reducing the capsule content by about quarter and stay at that for at least 10 days. 3 and half days in and so far OK with no problems of rebound. My sinus problems are just in my maxillaries now but stil got stuff nasal passages but better than they have been plus not as dry either. Now is there a link between dose change and the sinus/nasal problems? Bit early yet but maybe just maybe. Also I seemed a little less stressed yesterday from around lunch time and managed to be relaxed enough to get some decent sleep for a change.
    • Posted

PPIs like omeprazole are excellent for reducing acid but may not have much effect on reflux. Sinusitis can be a symptom of aspirated extra-oesophageal reflux.

I suffered from reflux issues all my life until I had reflux reduction surgery - including sinus problems (which I had flushed a few times).

In a survey of 100 refluxers in 2014, 53% reported sinus problems.

See the chapter on extra-oesophageal reflux in the www DownWithAcid org uk book.

• Posted

I have been on this acid treatment a while gettin numbness pins needles how do i come off it without these effects
  • Posted

Hi I'm taking zon ton fast tab it's basically lanz but in a tablet form you can swallow or just let melt in your mouth how would I reduce this I really want to come off this bed I've been on it for three years I still get problems but I'm fed up with taking this I've had very lie vitamin D since I've been on this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.