LIS 3hr Post Op

Posted , 7 users are following.

Sooo my day FINALLY came after 2years of misery! Had the LIS and a anal papillae removed. Left hosp about 2hrs post op. Dr injected lidocaine so i was pretty numb down there at hospital. As soon as i got in car i popped 20mg of percocet. Took that dose about two hours ago and now the lidocaine is pretty much wore off. Id say im at a 4-5on pain level currently.. Feels like i got punched in the butthole area mixed with the pressure feeling of wanting to poop but holding it in. Also feels like the soreness from having several bms and getting a raw butt. I could easily take more meds already as im fairly uncomfortable. This pain is different than the stinging fissure pain. Im so not ready to have a bm yet but it feels like i need to.. Ill update as i progress thru this! Cant wait to have my life back and agony free bms!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Melanie, So happy you were able to get it done. Im in my 4th week after LIS surgery and feeling ok .Still a little pain here and there, but doctor says it'll take time to heal. Its just patience. I am very interested in hearing about your healing in these next few weeks.(: Keep positive, thats all we can do.
    • Posted

Well im now like 12hrs in and im pretty sure the lidocaine is work off because this HURTS! Not to mention im at the end of a cold so coughing spells are horrible! Been taking pain meds almost every 2hrs and i havent been pain free yetsad When i woke up the nurse said i had had water stool and she cleaned me up but theres still packing gauze in my butt and i assume its poo stained so im getting worried about the potential for infection.. I called surgery center and they said when i bm itll come out. Im terribly dreading this first one and as of now im just slightly miserable... Ice packs right on the area is a God send though!
    • Posted

When you do end up going to the bathroom, I would recommend blasting music that  you like in your ears to distract from the pain.
    • Posted

Did you have packing in your rectum as well? The nurses arent sure if when i leaked if it came out or not so now im freaking out because there could be something in there or not but i couldnt pull it out even if i wanted to with this pain! Honestly how long will i be suffering.. Im taking 15mg percocet every 3hrs ish as it wears off fast because ive been using it for so long
    • Posted

melanieheaven,  I feel your pain. Been there and know what you are going through.   Hope you get better very soon.

Best wishes.  

• Posted

I am not 100% for sure what you mean by packing. I did have a skin tag that popped out of my butt a week or two later that I thought was a thrombosed hemmroid but was actually a skin tag from the surgery. I had leakage for a few days and bought some adut diapers to deal with that. Constantly change them as you want to prevent infection by keeping the area clean as much as you can. Also, ask your nurse if you can apply calmoseptine to the area which helps to alleviate the pain associated with leaking on the wound in my opinion.

Good luck!

Best,

Myles

• Posted

After my surgery they didnt tell me i had a packing in my butt, but a couple days later after my bowel movement, It came out. Its small. I was trippin out cause they never told me about a packing, so i was thinking WTH is that LOL. And realized it mustve been a sml gauze they put after surgery to stop the blood etc. They did give me an antibiotic right after  to prevent infection, which they told me and i was relieved about that. After the second week i tried not to take my pain killer becasue it constipated me a little bit. And i was afraid to keep taking it becasue of my BM. I only took it if i was in extreme pain all day. My last pain killer was last week sometime, and it started to get me really nacious like i wanted to vomit. And i was starting to get sick with it for hours on. So ive completely stopped taking it and just take ibupropen when needed. Havent had a stool in 24 48 hours, and im feeling great! but just took a miraLax just in case. Besides my metumucil daily.
  • Posted

The packing i was referring to they called 'surgifoam'. They said its like a gel type strip i guess. Im 32 hrs post surgery and no bm. I have alot of bubbling in my lower colon and if i bend down i can feel air shift.. Ive done my sitz bath and touched down there, i felt like i was bearing down but my anus didnt move at all though i thought i was moving it. My whole right cheek is hard and warm and where the incision is internally there is two bubbles which i assume is hemmeroids swollen from the trauma. Ive drank laxative last night and todau but no bm. Should i be worried?
    • Posted

no your fine, thats normal after having this surgery.  It's swollen down there from surgery.  You most likely will have your bowel movement by tomorrow. especially if your taking laxatives. i was worried to for awhile after sugery, and when i finally went it took another couple days and then i was going every day , that was not normal lol. i think it mustv'e been too much fiber, and laxatives. but that helps to heal the AREA so your ok. I wouldnt worry about it, your still fresh out of surgery.smile

• Edited

Ok guys so im freaking out. No bm still, appx 55 hrs. The pain is excruciating and the high dose pain meds arent helping too much. Since last night ive had a fever between 100.6 to 102. My buttcheek is rock hard and red. Ive called surgery center where they told me to call surgeons office buut the surgeon doesnt have an answering service to take a msg or contact Dr. Im scared im going to die and even more scared if i go to Er that they will try and touch me down there. My whole body is stiff and sore from being in the same position for two days. I keep coming back to yall because you know what im going thru and i feel so alone and stressed..doesnt help that my 6&4yr old kids dont understand that i cant do anything for them..i just feel miserablesad
    • Posted

Really sorry to hear about your situation melanie. I personally do not think you will die, no matter how much pain you feel. Keep fighting. The BM will have to come eventually. Your body is probably just very sore from surgery and another thing is after surgery its hard to feel down there (not pain wise but meaning exactly what is going on and trying to pinpoint a problem).

I wish you the best and keep posting how  you are feeling. We'll give you all the support you need!

• Edited

Did the doctor not give you a sheet of instructions before the surgery?   I ask this because I had the surgery done almost two years ago.  I did not have a BM for three days after because my stomach was empty I fasted before per instructions by my doctor.   Then after I started eating light, I had only soft foods such as soup nothing bulky.      That way it will give you a chance of healing faster.  All the bruising and possible bleeding is normal and will take a while to go away.   

Start using Dulcolax stool softeners (take three at night) like the commercial says; It doesn’t make you go but makes it easier to go.  Take these for a long time till you start feeling better.  Stay away from prescription drugs, they will for sure make you hellish constipated and you don’t need that. 

If you feel like asking me any questions, please do.  I could write a book about this suffering which was with me for 5 years.   

Best wishes to you.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.