colonoscopy appointment through!

Posted , 6 users are following.

ive been feeling not to bad then got my colonoscopy appointment through for the 9th may, and today i feel quite ill strange feeling in my bowel and nausea no diarrohea or constipation dont normaly get these! had two normal b/m just dont feel well at all im really scared this is something more then ibs! due to not having the diarrohea or constipation my symptoms are lower abdominal cramps which are fine due to taking buscopan surely if it was anything sinister buscopan wouldnt help..any help would be appretiated 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

There is no point panicking until after you get your results.

Please do not worry unnecessarily.

Take the test and if all clear then you know Buscopan is working for you

good luck for the 9th

• Posted

Hi, Ive just got back from my colonoscopy!

Everything was fine, they found a couple of polyps and removed them.

Seriously, I cannot believe the fuss people make.

The Movoprep tasted like Andrews Salts and lemon.  The diarrhea was amazing - I was on the toilet for a good couple of hours.

You get sedation, a painkiller and a muscle relaxation medication.  Only once I felt it, a bit like trapped wind.  I think I did pretty well as normally trapped wind makes me want to call an ambulance.  I have no pain threshold!

I did cry just before having it as I was so worried about what they may find (Id convinced myself I had bowel cancer).

I ended up watching it on the screen, which I said I wouldnt.

I need another one in 3 years.

I think the thought of it is worse than the actual procedure.

I did pay to go private at the Princess Grace in London.

If you'd like me to answer any questions, please PM me.

Liz xx

• Posted

Glad it was all fine and no need to panic after all.

I remember Movicol. The first time I mixed it with cordial but used to it now,

No sedation at any of my hospitals just a case of bendover and England expects.

I am the opposite as I was always think I am wasting my time but went in today as I have been having a few minor problems with my foot and I said it was nothing I am sure and she looked horrified once she saw the problem and said I need to be referred as soon as possible so I take it that is more urgent than I expected. 

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words.  It really means a lot!

What is wrong with your foot?

How often do you get a colonoscopy?

x

• Posted

Hello Lizzie 

I am glad

i must have been walking on the sides of my feet for too long, although it never felt like I was, and I think the technical term is they're f****d. I will have to see what can be salvaged but the pain has spread through my shin to my knee and now to my back very quickly. 

Saying that docs can do amazing things. A very good friend of mine had very severe back problems. Think Julie Walters as Mrs Overall and she had a back op and now plays badminton regularly. 

As little as possible but I think I have had 3 in about 6 years. I have had endoscopies too.  I think it goes with the territory when one is diagnosed with IBS.

• Posted

Hello

I hope they sort your foot out - sounds painful!

Sounds like your doctor looks after you well.

x

• Posted

Hello

Me too and it is. 

Yes they are a good sort, the docs

• Posted

HI Lizzie, interested in your experience at the Princess Grace,. I am thinking of going there for the procedure which I'm dreading.  Do you think it was worth the fee which I imagine is high?   I will pay for peace of mind and an expert carrying out the procedure. Thank you for any information.

best wishes,

Annusia

• Posted

Apparently I do not put even pressure on the ground when I walk so I add stress to the little toe part of my foot and I have damaged my tendons from walking incorrectly all my life.  Add this to the vein collapse and my legs look horrible and my go to exercise activity is walking. Joy of joy.

Thank you

• Posted

The NHS here are brilliant regardless of what you may read in the newspapers and I have just gone through a very close bereavement, still going through it. hence why I have not been here much and only reinforced what I already thought about the NHS and just makes me want to swear even louder at Jeremy Hunt.
  • Posted

Worrying will just make the symptoms worse!! Before the procedure they will give you things you take over a few days which will entirely empty your bowel and colon. That itself cleared my symptoms for months afterwards! You need to fast for the last day but its not that bad! The procedure was something I knew nothing about! They give you an injection which is not an anaesthetic but, a drug that makes you forget everything that happens! I had no memories, no pain, nothing and as I expect in your case they even presented me with a picture of a very clean and healthy colon!!! Be positive you have done the best thing and soon will be much happier!
  • Posted

Oh I had mine done privately because I am in Bupa so this may not be the same with NHS
    • Posted

Damn I missed a trick there as I was with BUPA for 10 years but sadly no more but I never realised they covered such areas. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.