I've been having severe migraine always come back every year, what should I do ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having severe migraine for years, since I was 17 (now I'm 21)

It keeps come back every years and it's getting worse every year.

Last time I had it just a year ago, and the pain last for 1 and half month, 24/7. Once it come back, nothing can reduce the pain. I've been asking for help to neurology doctor and he only said that i'm stress and gave me ANALSIK for morning and one giant capsule that contains 6 kinds of drugs in it, mixed. After took the medication for one month, it was just disappear in the morning. (p.s: i was still feel same pain during the medication, it didn't reduce the pain)

When I'm having migraine : my blood pressure always normal. I will have high light sensitivity, and noise too. I got tremor, can't focus on anything, weakness, no taste for any food, looking pale, i got mad easily, from 1-10 the pain is in the level 8 or 9. 

btw, i've ever had accident when i'm riding motorcycle (16 y.o) and i wasn't use helmet, and i fell right on my left side head. it was quite bad accident because i couldn't move my body for almost one minute  after i hit the road, but i didn't faint at all.

I wanna know what's going on and is it possible to get rid of this forever ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dina have you had an MRI scan Atall?

Doesn't sound like your GP has done as much as he/she can for you.

It doinds like you have damage from your accident, you need a thorough check over.

I would be firm with your doctor, and ask for a complete scan.

Other than that migraine can be triggered with stress and certain foods.

• Posted

Hi Dina

I agree with elizabeth.  Could you possibly go and see another GP?  They may be more empathic and refer you for a further scan. 

Take care and let us know how you go.  Keep a food diary too to see if you have any triggers.  Before you go and see a neurologists keep a short diary just stating level of pain (1-10) if any meds help and if you feel sick or are sick and if they last longer or less than 4 hours.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Dina,

Claire and Elizabeth are both right, sometimes you have to nag drs to get anywhere.

From what you say, they arent doing their job properly.

an MRI scan is the first thing to have, even after falling off a motorbike with no helmet you should have had one, or a CT scan at least.

Its possible the migraines and crash are linked.

Go back to your dr, and explain in detail how you feel, what has happened and insisit on an MRI scan to get to the bottom of your issues.

Good luck and keep us updated

• Posted

i had CT scan and he said that i'm okay
  • Posted

The next stage Dina is to get that MRI scan done.

There are many triggers to migraines and its not always easy to find the one that triggers yours.

Its not always possible to get rid of migraines forever, but with the right treatment they can be controled to allow you a normal life.

The best thing is to be refered to a neurologist where he will give you different tests as well as an MRI to determine whats causing your migraines in your case, as everybody is individual.

You will need to nag your GP or see another one I think.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.