Unexplained vision loss in left eye and general vision disturbance in right eye also?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sorry in advance for the typos...

I have been evaluated by several optometrists as well as a seasoned opmatholigist and nueroligist of over 25+ years exp. and even had an mri and ERG carried out to rule out optic nerve damage which came back with in normal limits. Every eye test also concludes i have 20/20 vision? 

It all started a year ago back in june 2015 where i began to experience a detached feeling and general lightheadedness as well as minor focus issues ,this lingured until august where over a 2-3 week i experienced severe headaches as well as the previous symptoms and began to suffer bouts of nausa (both eyes were equally effected equally) until one day i  developed a sharp stabbing pian in the left eye and aura migraines  with a sudden drop in vision and focus in the same eye with crushing headaches,light sensitity and burning red eyes and as well as peremnetly having what i can discribe 3 bars of light in my feild of vision in my left eye accompanied by a extremly dialted pupil that would almost pulse at times(contract and dialate rapidly) this lingured around for another 3 -4 weeks as well as a sandpapery gritty feeling in the same eye, both of these symptoms dissapapered but has me partially vision impared in the left eye . I thought I suffered a bout of optic nuetrius but all of the professionals have told me this is not the case with all of there extensive testing but still cant not give me any answer of any kind of what it was.

To this day i am still seeking answers.. i still have a saw dull ache in my left eye from time time to time during the day but always every morning upon waking up. floaters,light sensitivy .my left pupil is now slightly larger then before as well as being more dialated then the right at night and also get blury and unable to focus .periphal disturbances as well as visual grainyness,shimmeing images. I now see different hue tint in each eye as well.also to note i ocassionaly get a shinny skin that covers my eye when i blink and at the time clouds the vision in the left eye ,it then dissapears.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,ive been racking my brain trying to sudgest something. I am going through some bad eye issues myself so I know how hard it is. I hope you have a good family support system as well as friends. People dont understand the eye problems as they cant perceive what you are seeing or going through. Mine has caused me much anxiery,friends I have dont call much as they dont like to hear about health issues. Some friends right? My husbsnd doesnt get it and gets mad alot which only makes things worse. I truely hope you find the answers to help you with your condition. Please keep us posted.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the supportive message ! I understand there are a lot more like me out there.And you are dead right ,no one can quite understand what we are going through as much as they try. The anxiety and panic creeps in to your right. Its hard to tell now what is the actaully symptoms and whats a manifestation of the anxiety itself. my partner has been very supportive but when everything came back as fine on the tests she expected me to just accept it and move on becuase oviously nothing was found so it must be pychosymatic and when i mentioned the fact i wanted to seeks more advice and puruse other avenues i was quickly told that I just want something  to be miserable about instead of finding a solution so yes its very hard on all parties  invloved. From now on i have to learn to only confide in my cat who wont judge me haha.

I hope you too are holding it together ok.

• Posted

I have another eye apt. tommorow, different doctor. I dread it. Eye exams didnt bother me much before this,now Im in high anxiety mode. Every day,the first thing I do is obsess about how my vision is,gets so tireing. Loved the part about the cat,thats how I feel about my dog lol. Keep us posted.
    • Posted

I do exactly the same, i think in situations like this obsessivness  is but only natural for indivuals like us in unexplainable predicaments. Good luck with your exam tomorrow Lee.
  • Posted

Just to note also I am considering physco therpy and hypnotism just to rule out wether it is infact a physcosymatic manifestion dirived from my upbringing and events that have happened through my life that could somehow be interferring with  all of this.
    • Posted

I just saw your post,funny,i just looked up hypnotist where i live. I have read they can help with obsessing about health conditions and the stress it causes.
    • Posted

I am really hoping so . I've used hypnotherepy before  and im going to the same person this time. I was a chainsmoker and she rid me of that. I walked out the door knowing i wanted something but couldnt put my finger on what it was ...so fingers crossed she might do they same to help manage the panic, depression and anxiety. I would recommend  trying a  decent hypno though lee it might help you also. 
    • Posted

I will definitely think about. Main thing is to find someone who has a good reputation,and wont break the bank. Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.