Fluoxetene Timeline - What are your experiences?

Posted , 5 users are following.

What has fluoxetine been like for you week to week? Looking for comparisons to see what can be expected. Prior to fluoxetine I had been taking celexa for years. Week 1 to 3 I took 20mg of celexa and 20mg of fluoxetine. Week 4 I stopped taking celexa and upped the fluoxetine to 40mg.

Week 1 - woke up one night really high and terrified, felt crazy sometimes, had diarrhea and vomiting this week, OCD still very bad, depression still very bad, restless leg syndrome, extremely tired

Week 2 - extremely high anxiety, extremely tired, depression and ocd still very bad

Week 3 - at the beginning of week 3, I had extremely high anxiety. My tiredness started to lift this week and instead I developed insomnia. My depression started to lift. OCD still bugging me. Noticed there were times I felt better. Appetite increased tremendously. Sometimes I did productive things. Would start shaking sometimes uncontrollably. Crying less. Felt like socializing again.

Week 4 - now on only fluoxetine at an increased dose. Extremely tired, anxiety is gone but depression is back, extremely irritable and angry, feel like breaking objects and hitting people, socializing is back to being overwhelming. OCD has improved. Can't stand being around anyone right now, everything is "loud" and overwhelms me. I haven't felt anger like this in a long time, the celexa dulled my anger and aggression big time over the years. Appetite decreased.

I hope that anyone experiencing depression/anxiety/OCD/whatever is improving and I genuinely wish you well because I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It gets better over the weeks the second week for me was the worst

• Posted

The second week was the worst for me too. Because I upped the dose I am feeling the original side effects all over again. I have no energy to do anything
  • Posted

Update: I am nearing the end of week 4 and I definitely feel different. All week after increasing my dose I have been extremely tired and depressed, completely lacking motivation.

Last night I noticed that I had more energy, was hungry, felt a lot less depressed, ocd has eased up a lot, no anxiety. It is a nice relief .

right now it is the next morning and I am really tired again and a little anxious but it's a huge improvement and I am really appreciative. So basically it took a month for real change.

• Posted

Just wondering how u r feeling now? Just started prozac about 13days ago and having a rollercoaster experience...would love to know how it all pans out!
  • Posted

Hi I'm new to this ,l started fluoxetine 200g today after battling for years with depression so will be interested to hear everyone's

Experience with its tablets

• Posted

So now I am on week 7, I have more energy and I am able to do more now, gradually I am able to do more and more. I can focus on things better. I notice that for part of the day I am very tired and depressed, and the other part of the day I am anxious and have more energy. Things are not perfect but I am functioning better and it seems to be a gradual progression. Definitely in better shape than I was. My ocd is still there but it's not as bad. Will update next week.
    • Posted

Thanks for the update

I am on my third day of my increase and I had a bad day, I woke up feeling sad and had major mood swings

Like I use to get before I was on anything...I'm sure it will pass at least I wasn't lethargic like yesterday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.