I have mild folliculitis. I took doxy 50 and it made it spread. Advice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

PleasE help... I took it for 2 weeks then stopped taking it for 3 days. Should I continue taking it when it's made it worse. Will it get better?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I hate to tell you this but there is no quick n easy answer to your question.  You'll have to spend some time going through all the threads on this site and have a pen n paper ready to write down everyone's suggestions.  This is not a "one size fits all" kind of thing.  What really really worked for me is ..... oil of oregano straight onto the spot ... boom gone.  Colloidial silver (spelling is probably wrong) is also good.  Give it a try.  Your immunity must be low ... i would beef up your immune system with whatever you can think of... do some homework on the internet.  Myself i wouldn't continue taking something that doesn't agree with my body!
    • Posted

thank you, I would like to try oregano oil so I was wondering how often you apply it and how long did it take to work for you?
  • Posted

I have the solution! After years of spending thousands of dollars going to dermatologists and taking a ridiculous amount of medications, it's ridiculous that something so cheap could solve my folliculitis issue within 2 weeks. Do yourself a favor and follow these steps every night before you go to bed:

Buy something to scrub the area. An exfoliating scrub or sponge or one of those shower back scrubs. (i used a back scrubs with the wooden handle) Buy youself antibacterial face soap. Use the soap and scrub the affected areas. After the shower, dry yourself with a clean towel. Buy A&D baby rash cream (or similar) and rub it all over the affected areas before you go to bed. Trust me. After three days i saw improvement. After a week it was almost all gone. Two weeks later there was nothing left. No bumps, no red marks, no folliculitis.

• Posted

Would Destin diaper rash cream work? What would be the ingredients that help folliculitis? Zinc?
    • Posted

I looked up the ingredients to Desitin. They are pretty much the same. I am sure that it is the zinc oxide but the petrolatum probably works as a preventative so that it doesn't spread.

• Posted

Hi Sandy, did desitin work for you? I'm also suffering from folliculities for about 3 years now and really frustrated about this. I've been into a lot of antibiotics already but nothing really worked.

• Posted

Antibiotics provide temporary relief but will not cure it for most, unfortunately. It's a condition you have to try and manage as best as you can.

• Posted

Hi, no desitin didn't seem to do much for me but everyone is different, could work for you

• Posted

It could be fungal and not bacterial. Antibiotics won't help if it's fungal.

• Posted

It's possible, I had a biopsy that wouldn't determine the type. As it's on legs and lower body too I thought it was staph as fungal I heard is upper body. Going to get another biopsy and seeing another dermatologist soon anyway

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.