Graves questions please ??

Posted , 5 users are following.

So i seen my endo yesterday who confirmed my graves disease finally . My thyroid levels are looking good . Actually gone a little under so dropped my carbmizole from 20mg to 10mg a day . Is that a low dose ?

Currently feeling better than what how i was feeling last week.

Most days i feel completely normal. Some days just feel so tired and moody. Is it possible never to get any graves disease symptoms?

Is this disease going to worsen with time ? Or is it different for each person.

Thankyou

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kylie,

I was on block & replace with both levothyroxine & carbimazole 10mg, at my last hospital visit the endocrinologist lowered my carb to 5mg & stopped the levothyroxine. I was fine for the first week but now feel like my thyroid has become overactive again. I too was diagnosed with graves disease. There seems no end to the symptoms, some days I am shattered, achy & feel run down , other days I can't rest . Have you gained any weight ? I have gained 10ibs & can't shift it.

Chris

• Posted

Hi christine .

Thanks for the reply .

Yes i have gained weight about 12 kg since January im so upset about it. Very hard to shift. We generally eat pretty well and i have a job where im on my feet all day.

I hope we all have more days were we feel fine .

• Posted

Since your diagnosed and I assume on meds it shoulfdnt get any worse. However you will more than likely still experiece the some aches and pains attributed to the diesease. It all depends on the person. Some days I'm feelling really good and some days I' extremely tired. moody and overall feel like blah.... Lately I've been feeling very crappy. Were in this together....
  • Posted

Hi Kylie I saw my consultant today and am starting back on carbimazol 5mg for a week then 5 mg alternate days. I am also having regular blood tests to check my white cell count.

I feel tired/aching and moody sometimes, but never know whether that is my job and normal life making me feel like this, or the hyperthyroidism!!!!

• Posted

Thanks everyone

Im hoping dropping the meds doesnt affect me too me . I have another blood test in 2months to check levels than again in 4 months .

Im not sure if my white blood cells have been tested since being on carb.

The weight gain is quite annoying but all i can do is eat healthy and exercise and hope for the best .

I do get quite tired at work after 3 to 4 hours . And my 2 children keep me on my toes .

Plus planning my wedding for august

• Posted

Hi Kylie it could be a combination of everything not just your thyroid! Life is tiring and so are children, as well as planning a wedding. As you say eat healthily and sure everything will work out ok for you. if you are having blood tests they will be checking your white cell count.

Take Care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.