I'm being discharged but I know I'll hurt someone when they do

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I'm currently in a hospital for mental health patients. They want to discharge me soon even though I've told the doctors I'll hurt myself or others if they discharge me. Help.....

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi David just pure madness ...never ending. What have they said to you when you told them this?. If they do go ahead then I think the only help you will get is by going to the police & tell them what you feel ..I no my friend did this was put back in hospital. I hope you dnt have to resort to this .. good luck
  • Posted

Hi David, Sharon is spot on. If you tell the staff there that you have thoughts of self harm, and may hurt someone else, Legally they have to report this to the Police if you are not in a secure unit untill you are fit to leave. If they are not listening to you,demand to speak to their superior. They have all signed a confidentiality agreement stating that they in this incident they HAVE TO break confidentiality. You don't say what your diagnosis is, but I have deep empathy, having Mental health problems myself and spending a stint in a psyc ward. I hope you get the help you need and find balance,
    • Posted

Thanks Pistal666. I shall be contacting the police myself if they continue to push for early discharge again.
  • Posted

The thought process is, keep you in for a few weeks til you feel better/safer/secured then discharge you with no support. It happened to me and I slit my throat 8 days later and now they are prepping me for a second discharge. Medicine doesn't work and I feel suicidal every day. When first admitted I walked the streets with a knife looking for someone to threaten to be locked up for my own sake and others. Thanks for your advice Sharon12462. Does anyone Know who is above Hospital doctors in the hierarchy.?
    • Posted

The Dean is right at the top, but a Doctor is above a Staff Nurse and the Carers on your Ward. If you tell a Doctor how you feel, then you get released and attempt what you are saying, he/she won't look very good infront of the Administrators and would likely be sacked for Gross Misconduct. So the buck should stop there. Please understand that if you do commit a Crime, your likely to end up in a place like Broadmoor, and trust me, reach out to as many people as you can because you don't want to end up there.
    • Posted

This is true. I don't want to hurt anybody innocent. But I'm very close to doing so. Thanks pistal666
  • Posted

I agree with other comments here. Definitely call the police and tell them your fears.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.