Head pulsating

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys I've been experiencing weird symptoms in my head for the past 3 months symptoms started to happen in the last week of January I've been having sharp pins and needles sensations all over that comes and goes , I have a lot nose congestion , tingling , jaw tightness that radiates to my teeth and then to my temple and my head just pulsates all day I don't notice it when im moving around or standing up but mostly when I lay down and sometimes my hands too and also sometimes I can put the phone to my ear on my right side and can hear a clicking/ringing sound inside . I've already went to a ENT doctor and my nose and ears seem to be fine I've taking antibiotics due to that before I went to a ent my doctor saw a green discharge I've tooking affrin, I'm taking zyrtec , and flounase. Also I have neck and back pain which I think comes from having bad body posture but I'm not for sure what's going on with me I've done a lot of research the good out of it is I haven't been vomiting , haven't had any seizures never felt like the room was spinning ( dizziness/ balanced) , no speech problem , nor blurry vision I can workout perfectly fine with no problems I can get good night rest and I really don't have headaches the times I do it just be on the right side and throbs like a migraine but you guys let me know what you think might be the problem I would really appreciated im due to go see a neurologist on the 19th.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

i think its because of stress. you are putting your body into lot of stress. have you been taking anti depressants meds??
    • Posted

Yeah I put a lot on my shoulders and life has been ruff I just graduate from highschool and the adult life is tuff lol I think I might be dealing with anxiety also and no I'm not taking anti depressants. I'm taking zyrtec , atenolo , and methimazole for my over reactive thyroid.
  • Posted

Sounds like you could have cluster headache.  They are very freaky, come on before you wake up, go away, return again, repeat cycle.  Mine usually lasts 65-70 days.  The only thing I have found to abort the headache is oxygen.  My neurologist prescribed an oxygen maker and I breathe it for about 25 minutes at the onset.  If you wait till later, it doesn't work.  This is most common in males (I am female) and you have lots of the classic symptoms.  The medical system just doesn't know enough about these headaches.  Some say melatonin, 10mg daily, may work for some.  I took that and it seemed to helped the frequency decrease but had to stop when I had a Blood clot in my lung and started to take blood thinners.  Hope you feel better.   You are so young and I wish you the very best.
    • Posted

Sorry for the late reply but anyway Thank you and I've done some research on cluster headache does is always come with intense pain or you can just have one or two symptoms ? Cause I really don't have a true headache or any kind of pain or intense just symptoms I listed . I also found out I have over reactive thyroid which runs in the family and I have low tsh can that also be it?
    • Posted

Thyroid problems can cause an amazing array of symptoms! And they can come and go, making one wonder if they are insane...  There is where research comes in handy. My husband has low thyroid (hypothyroidism and I have the occasional hyperthyroidism).  The weird symptoms we both have are completely different but some are harder to manage if the thyroid is left untreated.
    • Posted

OK thanks I'm also due to go to a endocrinologist Tuesday think I might be put on stronger meds . I'll let you guys know how things went .
  • Posted

Cluster headaches happen on one side only and are worse when you lie down, so many people pace or even work thru them.  And, they give you breaks from the pain during the day so it is not a 24/7 thing even if it lasts for months.
    • Posted

Its been a while lol , Everything went well I did a ultrasound on my neck and did 3 blood works everything was OK I don't have any thyroid problems I was told I went through a thyroiditis episode that went away .

• Posted

Can anyone relate to my symptoms? I started getting bad headaches two years ago, symptoms start with tinnitus, pressure at base of my skull and blue nails and chills, just can't get warm. Doctor immediately said migraines. They come about once a week and last a couple of days. Ibruprofen gets rid of the chills. I've had X-rays, ct scan and no one is any wiser. Any one have any suggestion. Often have a sore throat with it, earache. Have been ytreated for chronic sinus infection but to no avail. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.