Gabapentin and Tramadol slow release together

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been prescribed Gabapentin 300mg one to be taken at bedtime to begin with, then increasing to two at bedtime and ultimately 3 at bedtime. Is this normal dosage? Been prescribed for leg ulcer pain which is severe and doctor thinks it to be nerve damage caused by ulcer. Can I take these along with Tramadol 100mg or Tramadol 200mg slow release capsules? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Brilliant drugs been on both for a year I take 9x300mg and 2x100mg slow release tramadol works well
    • Posted

Can I ask at what times of day do you take the slow release tramadol and can you take one at the same time as Gabapentin? 
  • Posted

You should go on the advice of your doctor. Did you ask about the Tramadol?  If I have questions about my meds, I call and speak to my Pharmacist. 
  • Posted

Take tramdol when i get up then the second one bedtime works for 12 hours
  • Posted

The best advice with any medication queries as below is to consult with your doctor, pharmacist or pain clinic doctor.

​Not everyone can tolerate Tramadol, after four days I became violently sick.

​As for the Gabapentin there has been much discussion on this site about the side effects. I started this discussion as my daughter was on 4800 mgs daily and she gained weght at the rate of one stone per month until she was 20 stone. She died suddenly in her sleep. No cause of death identified. As with all medicaion many people will experience many benefits. When the negatives start to outweigh the benefits that is when it is time to review and question if it is in your best interests to continue.

• Posted

Hello Elsa, my advice is to ring your GP or speak to a pharmacist, as they are the only people that have experience with drugs. Everybody is different and what suits one person maynot suit another. Best to be on the side of caution. 

Elizabeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.