Possible IBS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I'm at a bit of a loss with these symptoms. I generally feel absolutely fine... I was on holiday at the end of January and since then on and off I've been having a few issues with passing stools. Sometimes very soft and fluffy almost, sometimes pencil like, occasional diarrhoea and also normal. Every one to two weeks I experience discomfort in my lower abdomen. The discomfort is almost like a cramping feeling, but I don't have pain, just a tender feeling. I feel like it could be IBS.... I have been under some stress recently, from what I've been reading IBS can be related to that too? Any help or advise greatly appreciated.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It does sound like IBS.  I have stomach pain, constipation and sometimes nausea with loose stools.  This happened after stressful events.  I was diagnosed with IBS.  Ask your doctor for an ultrasound, endoscopy, stool tests, celiac testing and possibly a colonoscopy/barium enema to rule out other causes.
    • Posted

Thanks, my doctors are emergency appointments only at the moment so hoping for one when I'm next off work. I don't have particularly stressful episodes but a big move last year so anxiety in general. Thanks once again, when I manage to get an appointment I will certainly ask for what you've recommended
  • Posted

It seems like a very mild IBS I wouldn't freak out as much. A lot of people go through IBS without realizing or going to the doctor and it goes away or it stays with them forever and nothing bad goes to happen. You can still check and see if its anything serious
  • Posted

Have you had any stool specimens sent for analysis. It could be due to an infection. I would advise seeing your GP over this just to get an infection checked out.

Hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.