Recurring blurriness in left eye

Posted , 5 users are following.

Basically, I was outside and felt a sudden pain in my left eye. At first I thought it was something that got in it but I couldn't find anything and I've had this feeling before so it didn't concern me too much. For the first few hours, my vision was fine although I had eye pain. Unfortunately, I started to get occasional blurry vision and the thing that truly concerns me is that I can see a film over my eye. It goes away after blinking almost instantly and my vision is perfectly fine pretty much.

I've had this issue in the past where I see a film over my eye but it seems to be occurring more than in the past. This is Day 12 since I first had the eye pain, I saw my GP about it and he didn't feel it was too much of a concern. Now I feel like I may have missed something and done permanent damage to my eye. If the blurriness is episodic like this, I can live with it but I'm afraid it'll turn into something worse. Don't want to go to the eye doc if I don't have to, but I don't know if this is worth the visit seeing as I went a month ago and everything was fine. Could it be dry eyes or something else?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It DOES sound like dry eye syndrome - eye drops will help lubricate.  But if you also have pain, I would see the eye doctor just to rule out any eye infection.
  • Posted

I would definately go to see your optician they can check for any damage etc but possibly in the meantime an eye drop from the chemists would help to stop dryness. DONT leave it as it could be something easy to sort out now and something much worse if you leave it. Better to be safe than sorry. Take care Sue
    • Posted

You're right, I'll definitely be putting in a call to the eye doc.
    • Posted

I think that you should go and have an examination of your eyes by a ophthalmologist. It could be something very simple but it needs to be checked out . Remember the saying 'Better to be safe than sorry.'

Are you taking any medication? If so it might be worth googling the side effects. However in my experience the eye dr will normally ask you for a list of meds.

Let us know how you do. 

• Posted

No meds thankfully. Yeah, I'm definitely going to make an appt. with the eye doc, I've dealt with stuff like this before, but don't want to risk anything by brushing it off as I have in the past. I'll be sure to update.
    • Posted

Hi

That seems the best way forward by far. 

May I say that until you clear it with the ophthalmologist, eye doctor, I would be very cautious about instilling any 'eye' drops into your eyes .

The danger is that anything you introduce into your eyes may be unsuitable and also prevent the eye dr from seeing what your eye is like in its 'natural' state.

Also be wary of splashing anything into your eye(s) accdentally. This includes water, soap, shampoo when showering or washing your hair.

Be careful when touching chemicals and also of fumes irritating your eyes.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

• Posted

Sounds like dry eye. My right eye does the same thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.