is this the drugs?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have taken 32 20mg tablets now and I know it is still early days but I'm a bit scared. My anxiety is up and down. I'm so exhausted and can't stop yawning despite actually sleeping the past couple of days. My anxiety feels bad at the moment and I feel mildly shakey and twitchy/spasmy, like my fingers are shaking and my muscles may twitch randomly. It's making me clumsy and sometimes my head tingles. I usually get tingling in my cheeks when anxious, not in my head. Just feel out of it and weird. Sometimes my chest feels odd, like uncomfortable or unsettled, not painful or anything. I feel physically ill and it's scaring me because my scumbag brain is telling me I'm seriously ill. Is this just anxiety/drugs? I'm also close to my period which probably isn't helping. I went to the dr who told me the only side effects caused by fluoxitine is sickness HA. I also feel randomly nauseous at times. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I hope you mean that you've been taking them daily for just over a month, not all at once. Everything you've described are normal side effects of starting on an antidepressant. It took 5-6 weeks for my symptoms to settle down when I started on fluoxetine. I'd suggest giving it another month or so and try to forget about the symptoms; focusing on them can make them worse. If you're still feeling unwell then go back to your GP, it may be that another medication would suit you better. Hope this helps, Roxi
    • Posted

oh yes sorry I worded that badly, I've been taking 20mg for 32 days! so I shouldn't be worried then? sorry my brain is telling me I'm seriously ill, it's annoying me. Thank you
    • Posted

No, they are all straightforward side effects. You don't need to worry about any of them. You'll be fine.
    • Posted

Thank you. The heart racing/fluttering near constant and feeling weak scared me. My vision seems off too but I know that's anxiety/exhaustion. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.